Community Forum

Not receiving mail from some senders

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Not receiving mail from some senders

I use an "forwarding" email adress that forwards everyhting it gets to me at my @comcast.net address.  Messages from a few specific senders do not get through however. I know that they are being forwarded because I also forward everything to a separate gmail address  where everything is reliably received. They are not getting trapped by a spam filter, they are just disappearing on the handoff to comcast. These are not from suspicious domains or senders and do not have suspicious content. Any advice?

Expert

Re: Not receiving mail from some senders

If any of the senders in question send directly to your Comcast address instead of the forwarding one, do the messages come through OK?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Thanks for taking a shot at this. The answer is that directly sending to my comcast account does work for the few senders who have tried it.  (Mostly I don't give out my comcast address, so that I can provider-independent).

BE-EL

Expert

@BE-EL wrote:

Thanks for taking a shot at this. The answer is that directly sending to my comcast account does work for the few senders who have tried it.  (Mostly I don't give out my comcast address, so that I can provider-independent).

BE-EL

Who is the email provider you are using for the forwarding?  Also, are you aware that now you can keep your Comcast email account even if you leave their service for some reason?  I assume that's what you meant by "provider-independant"?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

The domain of my forwarding address is alum.mit.edu.  I'm pretty sure they use office.com as their backend.  Not keen on changing my address of 25+ years, would rather just switch to gmail or whatever if I can't make it work with Comcast.

BE-EL

Expert

@BE-EL wrote:

The domain of my forwarding address is alum.mit.edu.  I'm pretty sure they use office.com as their backend.  Not keen on changing my address of 25+ years, would rather just switch to gmail or whatever if I can't make it work with Comcast.

BE-EL

Then the only other thing I can suggest is that you call Comcast security and ask if they can see any blocking issue for that sending domain-------------------

Comcast Customer Security Assurance-------------------

Normal business hours (6:00 am to 2:00 am EST, 7 days a week)

1 - 888-565-4329