Community Forum

Not receiving email from QuickBooks

Frequent Visitor

Not receiving email from QuickBooks

It appears Comcast is blocking all email (to me) from quickbooks@notification.intuit.com - the last email I successfully received was on Janaury 11th, 2018. 

These are not going into my spam folder and I have no filters or changed settings from default - I use xfinity connect on my galaxy s7 and the xfinity web email page.

I tried a chat (checked email settings) and have a ticket open #CR766960976.

I also tried calling Comcast Customer Security Assurance and after waiting over 20 mins, a tech named Daniel answered and then promptly disconnected !!!!

Official Employee

Re: Not receiving email from QuickBooks

Hi wbiagi, 

I've replied to your private message requesting additional information in order to research this issue. It's not a problem that you messaged me, but in the future, please refrain from reaching out directly through a private message. By sending unsolicited private messages to our Official Employees, you are inadvertently violating our forums guidelines.

We recommend that each customer create your own public thread without your account information and details of the issue or experience you may be having. Doing so will auto-open a ticket in our system, and we can assist you in the order your request was received.

Frequent Visitor

I spent about 45-50 minutes on the phone with Comcast Security Assurance.  They said the issue needed to go one level higher than they could over the phone and promised to call me back whenever it was reviewed / resolved.  Case is NA249672194.  Meanwhile I have given my biller (uses QuickBooks) my gmail address...

Frequent Visitor

I received a call back from Customer Security Assurance today and the tech indicated the issue is with QuickBooks - he said he can see a ton of rejected messages that are not coming in due to Invalid Domain 550 errors.  He suggested I contact quickbooks which I tried but since I am a "mere" invoice recipient they could not troubleshoot anything.  I was told to have my vendor (that uses quickbooks to bill me) call in.

Bottom line is this "appears" not to be a Comcast issue but why do the emails get accepted at gmail?

Frequent Visitor

Thanks to a very diligent tech in Comcast Security, they tracked this down to a third party email (sendgrid.net) that sends QuickBooks invoices.  Apparently I marked an email as spam (by mistake) in January and they stopped sending any messages after that.  They removed me from their list and I should hopefully see my invoice emails from QuickBooks soon.

Frequent Visitor

I have the same problem.  I am not getting emails from Quickbooks.  How do I fix it?

Frequent Visitor

I am not sure my issue is fixed yet but appears not to be an Xfinity problem, rather a problem with how Quickbooks sends invoices.  I would have the person who has the quickbooks account contact Quickbooks and let them know their emails are being blocked or filtered (possibly by sendgrid.net) - they are not reaching the comcast email servers and they (quickbooks or their email vendor) should be receiving errors informing them of this.  Quickbooks uses a third party to send their emails in what seems to be a convoluted arrangement (in my opinion).

I asked my landscaper to resend this month's invoice but have not heard back yet.  I also asked him to send a copy to my alternate email (gmail account) to verify the invoice went out but have not seen that either...  I will post again when I get confirmation either way.

Frequent Visitor

Thank you very much for writing back.  I have the exact same problem you have.  I have tried to get help from Intuit and from Sendgrid, but I have not had any luck so far.  I was a IT person for many years, and this situation really frustrates me.  I know the emails are not even getting to Comcast.  I am not sure if the senders (my accountant and landscaper) are getting any sort of messages stating that my emails were blocked.  I don't think they are.  I will let you know if I make any progress.

Frequent Visitor

Quickbooks will not help me.  They will only help their customers.  I don't want to bother my accountant with this problem.  I don't know how to get in touch with Sendgrid.  I can live without getting emails from Quickbooks.  I am concerned that some other application will use Sendgrid, and I won't be able to get mails from it.  

Frequent Visitor

I finally received an invoice from my landscaper.

QuickBooks should be the ones to address this issue as there are more than likely blocked email or "failed to send" messages being reported back somewhere.  Their refusal to work with you is extremely poor since you are a customer when you use their service to PAY their "client" - THEY make money on the float!!!!

Frequent Visitor

Great news that you got your invoice.  Can you tell me what the problem was and who actually solved it?  Was your email on a "blocked" list?  Did your landscaper get it removed?  I am struggling with what my next step should be.

Believe me -- I told Quickbooks exactly how I felt about their unwillingness to help me!

Frequent Visitor

A dilligent tech at Comcast had me send them a full text version of an email that I had successfully recieved before.  They then traced this to sendgrid and contacted them (a friend who worked there) to determine what was happening and found out the email address was blocked - never even coming to Comcast.  You can try the Comcast Security support line 888-565-4329.

Frequent Visitor

Do you know the name of the Comcast tech?

Frequent Visitor

It was one of the folks who monitor these threads ( but even they suggested I call the help number.  You can reference my case NA249713911 and tag on to it if it helps.

Frequent Visitor

Thank you very much for the case number!