Community Forum

Not receiving email from Gmail

Regular Visitor

Not receiving email from Gmail

I am on a mailing list sent out from a gmail account that has about 90 people on it.

I, and numerous other people on the list, are not receiving email in our comcast account.

This all started about a week ago and the email list from the sender has not changed in that time.

Has comcast changed it's filters for mailing lists for some reason?

Expert

Re: Not receiving email from Gmail

Call Comcast security and see if there is a blocking issue for that particular sender--------------------

Comcast Customer Security Assurance-------------------

Normal business hours (6:00 am to 2:00 am EST, 7 days a week)

1 - 888-565-4329

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

If you weren't able to get this resolved, send me a PM with your email address (the one you used to post doesn't seem to be getting much mail) and the sending address and we'll see what is going on.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

I am not able to receive and send gmail using outlook

Expert

@FCCJANE wrote:

I am not able to receive and send gmail using outlook

Are you getting any error message when trying to send?  Have you tried sending yourself an email from some other account like Comcast, Yahoo or Mail.com?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

No error message of any kind.  I can receive emails in comcast from other servers when the email does not originate from outlook.

Official Employee

@Brucer11 Can you send me a private message with the details for this email you're not receiving?  I'd like to know the email address they're sending to  (your email address), as well as the "From" address the sender is using.  Thanks

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

The problem is originating from messages sent through Microsoft Outlook.

Nothing sent from Outlook is arriving in my Comcast email account and there is no error message of any kind.  I have tried sending from different email accounts through Outlook on other computers with the same result (no error message and not showing up in my Comcast email.

Email sent directly from the Gmail system arrives with no problem.

Regular Visitor

it says sending reported error 0x80042109

outlook cannot connecto to your outgoing SMTP email server