Community Forum

Not receiving email from Gmail

Regular Visitor

Not receiving email from Gmail

I am on a mailing list sent out from a gmail account that has about 90 people on it.

I, and numerous other people on the list, are not receiving email in our comcast account.

This all started about a week ago and the email list from the sender has not changed in that time.

Has comcast changed it's filters for mailing lists for some reason?

Expert

Re: Not receiving email from Gmail

Call Comcast security and see if there is a blocking issue for that particular sender--------------------

Comcast Customer Security Assurance-------------------

Normal business hours (6:00 am to 2:00 am EST, 7 days a week)

1 - 888-565-4329

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

If you weren't able to get this resolved, send me a PM with your email address (the one you used to post doesn't seem to be getting much mail) and the sending address and we'll see what is going on...

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

I am not able to receive and send gmail using outlook

Expert

@FCCJANE wrote:

I am not able to receive and send gmail using outlook

Are you getting any error message when trying to send?  Have you tried sending yourself an email from some other account like Comcast, Yahoo or Mail.com?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

No error message of any kind.  I can receive emails in comcast from other servers when the email does not originate from outlook.

Official Employee

@Brucer11 Can you send me a private message with the details for this email you're not receiving?  I'd like to know the email address they're sending to  (your email address), as well as the "From" address the sender is using.  Thanks

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

The problem is originating from messages sent through Microsoft Outlook.

Nothing sent from Outlook is arriving in my Comcast email account and there is no error message of any kind.  I have tried sending from different email accounts through Outlook on other computers with the same result (no error message and not showing up in my Comcast email.

Email sent directly from the Gmail system arrives with no problem.

Regular Visitor

it says sending reported error 0x80042109

outlook cannot connecto to your outgoing SMTP email server

New Poster

Same here!  I am having random issues not receiving emails from gmail accounts.  Multiple gmail accounts, not just one individual.  Very frustrating as I am a Realtor and being responsive is crucial.  I have researched it and only advice I have found is to accept junk/spam which I have.  This has not resolved.  I spoke with one Comcast Service Representative over the phone a few months back but they did not have any idea.   I hope someone can figure it out!  Not good...not good at all!!!!  

Official Employee

I found a few, and they should all be resolved shortly.  If this continues, please send me a PM with any others that seem incorrectly flagged, and include the domain of the sender so I can better isolate the issue.  Thank you

New Poster

@ComcastAntiSpam  Hi there, our real estate team uses google gsuite and just ran into this issue last week and cannot find a workaround. All emails that we send to Comcast users are not being received, emails to all other people are going through no problem. I have been on the phone with Comcast twice, and there's been no resolution. Please help!

Official Employee

@tripperian I'll need the domain that your firm is using to further diagnose the issue.

New Poster

@ComcastAntiSpam our domain is @thiessengroup.com, thanks for your help!

Official Employee

@tripperian Should be clear in about 15-20 minutes, send me a PM if you have further issues.

New Poster

@ComcastAntiSpam it worked! Thank you so much for your help!

New Poster

I am having the same problem. My attorney (who I also do IT work for) emailed my comcast account and it did not go through. The domain is a Google domain. As it turns out, other Comcast accounts they have emailed are NOT receiving their emails!!! This is dangerous. Some of these emails are time sensitive. The domain is Christopherjbrill.com   Please help??!!

Official Employee

This should be resolved in about 15 minutes.  This was flagged based on end-user reports.

Official Employee

This should be resolved in about 15 minutes.  This was flagged based on end-user reports.

emgun, can you confirm if the issue was resolved? 

New Poster

The test went directly to the Spam folder in Outlook even though I added the domain to the safe senders list.

Official Employee

It wasn't because of our filtering.  We show that message with a subject of "test" passed cleanly and would have been delivered to the Inbox.

Regular Visitor

Hello  @ComcastAntiSpam

I too am having an issue with messages from Gmail. The behavior is  a bit odd in that I can sometimes received email from the user, but not always. Curious if a message from Tuesday of this week and resent on Thursday evening can be tracked down and uncover the cause.

PM me for the senders email for additional troubleshooting. The sender has been able to get other message through, however, the one that did not make it through contained infofmation pertaining to an upcoming events.

Thank you!

New Poster

Hello, we are having the same issue with our domain / Google Suite and sending to comcast emails.

questrealestate.com

@ComcastAntiSpam

@ComcastAntiSpam

Official Employee

@amini This should be resolved now, I'll respond the same to your PM in a moment.  This was due to customer complaints

New Poster

Hello, we are having the same issue with our domain / Google Suite sending to Comcast emails.

timallenproperties.com

uniquepeninsulahomes.com

@ComcastAntiSpam

@ComcastAntiSpam

Official Employee

@Nba19002 This should be resolved in 15 minutes or so.  Please let us know if you have further issues.

New Poster

@ComcastAntiSpam 

Same problem here.  My husband tried to CC me on an important email today from his Gmail account to our daughter's Gmail account.  It never showed up in my comcast email account.  He then sent a Test message from the same Gmail account directly to my comcast account which did show up.  Then he sent another Test message from the same Gmail account with me on the CC line - that one showed up, too.  Then he tried to forward the original message directly to my Comcast account, and it hasn't shown up.  Something about that particular message, we believe.

Official Employee

@Shedraggon It was a portion of the message being flagged, correct.  It should now work properly.

New Poster

@ComcastAntiSpam  Confirmed, thank you!

New Poster

Hello. I am also loosing business because of this issue. We just changed from using gmail to G Suite and the issue remains, comcast.net email accounts are not receiving our emails. Please check our domain and fix it asap:

clearview-nursery.com

Thank you

P.S. Please state what is causing this issue

Official Employee

Should be resolved in about 15 minutes.  Your recipients are marking the messages as spam.

New Poster

So it looks like it did work for some but not for all of our customers, please review the account again. We have 2 email addresses on the domain (g suite) clearview-nursery.com. Thank you!

Official Employee

I'm going to move this to PM so I can get some additional information

New Poster

All of a sudden, Xfinity/Comcast email users are not receiving my emails sent from my business Gmail account. Other email providers are receiving the messages as normal. Can this be fixed if I PM you the URL? @ComcastAntiSpam 

Official Employee

@tibf quite likely, please send a PM (click my name, look for a button for a message)

New Poster

Hi ComcastAntiSpam,

I was going to send you a "Me Too" PM but apparently I cannot do it without a post.

We are a non profit organization using G Suite and the emails that we are sending to the Comcast.net domain are being marked as Spam.

I will PM you our domain information.

Thanks!

Expert

@jmaeir wrote:

Hi ComcastAntiSpam,

I was going to send you a "Me Too" PM but apparently I cannot do it without a post.

We are a non profit organization using G Suite and the emails that we are sending to the Comcast.net domain are being marked as Spam.

I will PM you our domain information.

Thanks!

Sending an unrequested PM is against the Forum Guidelines and the Acceptable Use Policy.  You can read about our PM policy here.

New Poster

Thank you for the clarification

Official Employee

@jmaeir Responded via PM as well, should be resolved

Regular Visitor

I am aware of at least two gmail users who have sent me emails over the past few months, that I have never received.
How do I resolve this?
Thanks!
New Poster

I am not able to receive emails from gmail to my comcast account. I have verified that the emails are in the sent box. Could I get a PM to get this resolved? I use my gmail to send invitations to a web server that I operate. So this issue is not just from me, but other comcast email users. 

New Poster

To further this. I receive the sent emails when I send directly from GMail portal. Emails generated via SMTP which also appear in sent items in GMail portal are not displayed. The difference is that one email carries a web link to take users to login which may be seen as a phishing scam but is not. Emails do not show up in spam and are not replyed with rejection notices. So my assumption is that they are being quarantined somewhere in Xfinity's system.

Official Employee

@justinv54 I'm escalating this for you, but I did note that your Spam folder is not enabled.  If this were enabled, the messages we determine to be spam would be placed in your Spam/Junk folder.

Official Employee

@justinv54 Could you enable your spam folder, try the test again, and if it goes your spam folder, mark it as Not Spam?  A sample message would be very helpful in this case.

Regular Visitor

Could I get a reply as well? It’s for user name amyconverse
Official Employee

@ASC7 I'll send you a DM in a moment.

New Poster

My spam folder is enabled. I can send an email if I have an address to send to.
Official Employee

@justinv54 If it's in your spam folder, and you click "Not Spam" at the top of the webmail, it will send it to us for analysis.

New Poster

Hi @ComcastAntiSpam ,

Like so many others, our organization is having trouble sending to comcast.net addresses. We are a non profit organization using G Suite and the messages never arrive (or show up in the spam folder).  Hoping you could take a look at ours. I will PM you our domain.

Thanks!

Joe

New Poster

Hello, @ComcastAntiSpam  I also am having a difficulty getting my GSuite Emails to clients with comcast.net email addresses.  I have two clients that I know of that should have received emails but have reported they have not been able to.

Please help us get this resolved, this has negatively impacted client relationships and caused a lot of headache and hassle over the last few days!

GSuite domain name is www.summitdogtraining.com.  I assume I'll need to send a PM after making this post if the pattern continues from the other people reporting issues.

Thanks!