Community Forum

Not receiving certain emails from major companies

Frequent Visitor

Not receiving certain emails from major companies

I don't know why they have stopped, but over the past few weeks we stopped receiving emails from a few companies.

The two we used daily and no longer receive are "HGTV sweepstakes reminders" and all "CVS" emails.  They are not even in my Spam folder.

What has happened?  We contacted both companies and they said that Comcast is blocking them. 

Comcast..... Please ease up on the security!

Thanks

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Not receiving certain emails from major companies

If you are using Comcast's webmail, check your Spam settings. Make sure that "Save a copy of emails marked as spam" is selected along with "Enable spam filtering". If "Save a copy" isn't selected, spam messages aren't placed in the Spam folder, they're simply discarded.

If the settings are correct and an employee doesn't take care of this for you here, Comcast Security Assurance might be able to help. Give them a call at 1-888-565-4329 (from https://internetsecurity.xfinity.com/help/report-abuse/). Note that this is NOT one of the general customer service numbers. The first-line reps there are sometimes not very helpful, so you may need to be persistent and keep at them until you get a satisfactory answer.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Not receiving certain emails from major companies

Bruce,

Thanks for the help.  I went to my spam settings and both boxes were checked.

So, next I will try your other suggestion and try the Comcast Security number.  Hopefully that will work.

Now I am not even getting my daily emails from the US Post Office!

Thanks again,

Mark