Community Forum

Not receiving any email

Frequent Visitor

Not receiving any email

Have not received any email sent to my Comcast email account for several days.  I have tested by sending myself an email from my gmail account and it does not go through nor do I receive any indication that it was either rejected or not sent.  This happened a few months ago and apparently corrected itself.  However, in the meantime, I lost whatever emails were sent to my Comcast email address.  I have cleared out my cache, etc., all to no avail.

New Poster

Re: Not receiving any email

I have the same problem here in the northwest suburbs of Chicago. I called Comast yesterday and the tech said there was some sort of problem with their email servers being hacked. No details were giving. He said it should be fixed by Sunday 16 February 2019. Not sure what's going on.

Greg

New Poster

Oddly enough I received emails from this forum recently and one email from outside the comcast system that was sent very recently. However emails from the last week are still missing including test emails I sent between my Comcast email accounts ( I have 3). I even just sent a test email between Comcast accounts and it didn't go thru. No error messeges. Very strange.

Greg

New Poster

I am in Massachusetts and my wife has recently not been receiving emails from her boss who sends them out of gmail. Her boss gets nothing bounced and the only way they have been able to communicate was through a different email client. 

She has a system that relies on getting certain emails to her comcast to keep things organized. 

I called Comcast and after being on the phone with Tech support for over an hour we decided that we had done all we could (clearing caches, adjusting spam filters etc.) I did not get the emails from this person either when she tried to send to me as a test. It appears to be on Comcasts servers after all of the trouble we have gone through. 

I guess I will wait until Tuesday to see if they put a global fix in, but this is the first time it has happened to us and it started a week ago.

Thank you for letting us know we are not alone.

Frequent Visitor

My problem has been corrected thanks to Chat with Noel.  Apparently filters I set up some time back were stopping incoming email.  Removed all filters and everything back to normal after re-synching my email with server.  Thank you Noel.