Community Forum

Not receiving Amazon emails timely

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Not receiving Amazon emails timely

Requested Amazon to send me account authentication one-time password last night and the emails were not reecived till this morning.  By then the OTP was expired. Email shows it was sent last night.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Not receiving Amazon emails timely

Call Comcast security and ask if they  can tell what happened.  There might be a problem with the sending domain-----------------

Comcast Customer Security Assurance-------------------

Normal business hours (6:00 am to 2:00 am EST, 7 days a week)

1 - 888-565-4329

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Thank you for your suggestion.  I called the Comcast Customer Security Assurance as you suggested.  After 1 hour hold time, I spoke to Eliza and explained my problem and your suggestion.  She quickly transferred me to a "higher level" "level 2" support, Billy.  He assured me, he would take care of me.  After checking a few things, he said that he would have to refer my problem to a Senior Tech and that the tech would get in touch with me. Not feeling too confident that I will hear back.

Highlighted
Official Employee

Hello @srowe4, thanks for reaching out to our Forums! I'm happy to hear you are working with our Security Assurance department to have this further looked into and investigated. Have you heard back from anyone regarding this yet? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

No I have not heard back from anyone. Do you have any other suggestions to help me solve my issue?
Highlighted
Official Employee

I can take a further look into this on my end and see if I can provide you with any answers. I may have to refer you back to Security Assurance but I would be more than happy to help. Just to confirm first, have you experienced anything like this since it last occurred? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I noticed that quite a few of my emails had approximately a 4 hour delay last Tuesday morning. The same day that the Amazon emails were delayed 12 hours.
Highlighted
Official Employee

Have you tried sending yourself a test email to see if it is affecting any other emails? If so, I would contact CSA(Security) again. I can follow up with you soon. 

Highlighted
Official Employee

Hi there, srowe4.

I wanted to touch base one more time before closing out your post. Did you have any other questions?