Community Forum

Not Receiving Email With Attachment

New Poster

Not Receiving Email With Attachment

A friend of mine tried to send me an email with to attachments. I never received the email. One attachment was a picture (approximately 1.1 mb in size). The second attachment was a PDF (approximately 800 kb in size). The email isn't in spam. Any thoughts?

Expert

Re: Not Receiving Email With Attachment

Ask him/her to send you another test message but without any attachments.  Does it go through OK?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Yes, it works fine without attachment. (That's why I specified attachments in my original post.)

Expert

@golddave wrote:

Yes, it works fine without attachment. (That's why I specified attachments in my original post.)

Have them send you another email with a different attachment and see if the same thing happens.  Also, send yourself a test email with an attachment from some other, non-Comcast, account you have like Yahoo, Gmail or something else.  Does it work OK?  I am unable to duplicate this issue myself.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I'm incredibly frustrated. I have a couple of clients that apparently have not been receiving my emails. At first, I thought it was a fluke.. second client thought it was user error, now 3rd and 4th it turns out it is definitely on the domain’s receiver side (comcast.net). My email domain is earthwayrealestate.com and is on the g-mail (g-suite for business) server. I reached out to google last week because it was brought to my attention from a client that they weren't receiving my emails. I nor my clients received any type of bounce notification or anything.  I spoke with Google and they did a test on all my emails and found that they were getting out of our server but not getting through on the comcast.net side.. they’re apparently in limbo (?)  All of my clients have white listed my email address and still nothing. Today, for kicks and giggles, I even tried it on myself (my home comcast email address that I never use). Once again, no notification..no nothing.. no spam, no deletes (but is showing in my sents). I did receive the test email from comcast.net to my earthwayrealestate.com email but nothing gets through on the reply or a direct email to the comcast.net.  Google advised me to reach out to comcast and see what’s up on their end since its not on theirs. I can email the tech support ticket details from google side to share with whomever can assist but currently my entire companies’ emails are not getting through to anyone with a comcast.net email address. 

** Side note, we are not showing any other problems from any other email providers and our internet, phone and cable services at our office are through Comcast Business. We need this fixed asap.**

Please Help!

Expert

@ritasrealestate wrote:

I'm incredibly frustrated. I have a couple of clients that apparently have not been receiving my emails. At first, I thought it was a fluke.. second client thought it was user error, now 3rd and 4th it turns out it is definitely on the domain’s receiver side (comcast.net). My email domain is earthwayrealestate.com and is on the g-mail (g-suite for business) server. I reached out to google last week because it was brought to my attention from a client that they weren't receiving my emails. I nor my clients received any type of bounce notification or anything.  I spoke with Google and they did a test on all my emails and found that they were getting out of our server but not getting through on the comcast.net side.. they’re apparently in limbo (?)  All of my clients have white listed my email address and still nothing. Today, for kicks and giggles, I even tried it on myself (my home comcast email address that I never use). Once again, no notification..no nothing.. no spam, no deletes (but is showing in my sents). I did receive the test email from comcast.net to my earthwayrealestate.com email but nothing gets through on the reply or a direct email to the comcast.net.  Google advised me to reach out to comcast and see what’s up on their end since its not on theirs. I can email the tech support ticket details from google side to share with whomever can assist but currently my entire companies’ emails are not getting through to anyone with a comcast.net email address. 

** Side note, we are not showing any other problems from any other email providers and our internet, phone and cable services at our office are through Comcast Business. We need this fixed asap.**

Please Help!

Gsuite and Comcast seem to be an ongoing problematic pairing.  If you haven't already, call Comcast security with this issue.  Also, if you having the problem with a business class account, you should post in the business class forums found here-----------------

https://forums.businesshelp.comcast.com/

This forum is for residential accounts.

Comcast Customer Security Assurance-------------------

Normal business hours (6:00 am to 2:00 am EST, 7 days a week)

1 - 888-565-4329

New Poster

Thank you for your reply. I'm not referencing that I'm having trouble with the business account side of things, just making reference that we are actually Comcast clients as well and frustrated we can't get our clients their emails. I will reach out to the security and check out the link you provided... Glad to know though that Comcast at least recognize if they have a problem and hopefully are working on it.
New Poster

@golddave wrote:

A friend of mine tried to send me an email with to attachments. I never received the email. One attachment was a picture (approximately 1.1 mb in size). The second attachment was a PDF (approximately 800 kb in size). The email isn't in spam. Any thoughts?

i can't open it

Highlighted
Expert

@franko2 wrote:

@golddave wrote:

i can't open it

You can't open what?  Someone sent you an attachment or something else?