Community Forum

Not Receiving Amazon email

New Poster

Re: Not Receiving Amazon email

Thanks but it doesn't seem that it was hacked... it is just requiring secondary authetification but the emails from amazon are not coing through.  There seem to have been other people that had the same issue in the past.  When I called amazon support they could see the emails had gone out and confirmed the address they were sent to (which was the correct address)

New Poster

I am having the same problem; emails from Amazon are nowhere to be found. Any help would be appreciated. 3 calls to xfinity and 2 to Amazon so far...
Official Employee

Coffee24, can you confirm you don't have an active spam filter for amazon? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Thank you for this wonderful advice, but I have one question if you wouldn't mind. Once you went to Add Rule, what did you enter in the box as your rule?

thank you again!

Official Employee

@JLK70 - Hello! Are you referring to "Add condition" or "Add action"? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

I believe it says “Add Rule” then you are forced to fill in some cells
Official Employee

@JLK70 - When you click "Add a rule", it gives you a box Rule Name (you can put whatever you want); Add condition (several options like Sender/From, Header, Size, and etc) where you can check a specific email address that you are getting spam from or a header name that a scammer use; Add Action gives you options to what to do with the email - discard; redirect to, move to folder, and etc. 

Frequent Visitor

Thank you. So can I do the reverse? I all of a sudden stopped receiving emails from a social club I belong to and need to start receiving these again so I know what is going in there since I pay to belong to this club. Can I enter “receive from”, for example and type in somehow the email addresses I WANT to receive emails from? Thank you so much
Official Employee

If the emails from that address are going to a different folder, I would recommend the following: 

• Create filter rule 
  • Conditions: 
    • Sender/From
    • Contains [social club] 
  • Actions: 
    • Move to folder 
    • Select folder 
      • Inbox 

Frequent Visitor

Thank you. I don’t believe they are going to another folder. I, all of a sudden, stopped receiving emails from a social club I belong to so not getting any notifications from them.
Official Employee

Understood, thanks for clarifying! For this issue, I'd actually like to troubleshoot from the account directly. We may need to make some changes on our end. Please send me a PM with your first and last name to get started! 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAlly” and click “Send a message.”

New Poster

My issue was resolved. I was absolutely hacked and the filter rules were set to send anything from Amazon, UPS or USPS to a strange gmail.  They redirected my shipments to themselves.  Check your filter rules every day!

Official Employee

Gina22, thank you for keeping us updated! I'm glad to hear that you were able to figure out the issue. If you run into anything else you need help with, please let us know! 

Regular Visitor

I am having this issue. I cannot receive any emails from Amazon. Looked for the email filter & can’t  find a way to set or delete any filters. 

Official Employee

Hello, Dnbennett! I would love to take a closer look and help make sure you are getting your Amazon emails.  Please send me a private message with your first and last name so I can assist. 

To send a private message, click my name "ComcastTambrey", then click "send a message".

Regular Visitor

I am not reciving Amazon emails either,  but my mail box settings do not show any filters?

Official Employee

Hello @PeteN95, thanks for reaching out to our Forums! Just to confirm, they are not filtering to your Spam folder, correct? 

Regular Visitor

That is correct

Official Employee

Thank you for clarifying @PeteN95. I'd like to do some troubleshooting on your account. Can you please send me a private message with your first and last name? To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click send a message. 

Regular Visitor

Hello @ComcastChe ,

Thanks for the offer, but I clicked on your name and there was no message link?

Official Employee

Hmmm, that's strange. Were you logged in when attempting to message me? Can you try once more? The option should be a blue button in the top right corner. Please let me know if you aren't able to see it. Thank you. 

Regular Visitor

Private message sent
New Poster

Please help. I cannot receive any emails from Amazon or Seamless and cannot reset my passwords with them because of this. My spam filter is turned off.

Official Employee

tmb87, thanks for letting us know about your email issues with Amazon. Are you using a 3rd party client to receive your email like thunderbird or outlook? Are you getting bounce back error messages when the emails are sent to you?

Ken

New Poster

I figured it out. Someone hacked my email account and set a filter named ' so it was hard to see. 

Official Employee

Yikes! tmb87, I'm sorry to hear that. For extra security measures, I'd recommend reaching out to our Customer Security Assurance team at 1-888-565-4329. They're available from 6:00am - 2:00am EST, 7 days a week.

Frequent Visitor

I am also not receiving any Amazon email. Can someone help me. I don't think I have any filters setup, but I understand sometimes they are hard to find. Please help.

Frequent Visitor

I think I got my issue fixed. I found the filter.

New Poster

I am not receiving emails from Amazon.  I don't have any filters or rules that should be interfering.

New Poster

i also called the number that comcast support gave me  = 888-565-4329 and it went to "please hold" and NOTHING for 30 minutes

New Poster

How did you get to the settings for this? My e-mail was recently hacked and every single email I get is automatically in the trash. nothing goes to my inbox anymore.

Official Employee

Hello all and Happy 4th of July. @rgree3, I'm happy you were able to find the filter and resolve your issue. Let us know if there's anything we can help with in the future. 

@jeffcable, "i just posted about not receiving emails from Amazon and the message posted as user "jeffcable" ....  that isn't who I am, so What the  is going on?" - This is something that definitely needs to be addressed by our Security assurance team. Please reach out to them again during business hours and see if you can get a hold of someone. Their hours of operation are 6:00 AM - 2:00 AM ET/Seven days a week. You may also be able to find more information here.

As for the Amazon filter, I can assist with that. Please send me a private message by clicking on my name, "ComcastChe" then click send a message. In the body of this message please verify your first and last name. 

@devose and @jeffcable, can you view this link and check your Spam Filters and Spam Filter Preferences? 

New Poster

What is the filter that is being removed to get amazon password reset emails
Official Employee

jminshall44, can you access the links that I provided and see if you have any set on your end? If not on your end, I'll need to run some automated tests to help have this resolved.