Community Forum

Not Receiving Amazon email

Regular Visitor

Re: Not Receiving Amazon email

OMG! You were right!  The filter was totally blank so I thought there wasn't one there but I deleted it anyway and suddenly I am now getting my amazon emails.  I can't thank you enough! 

New Poster

can't receive email from amazon to reset password

Official Employee

Please try now, I've disabled the filter that was set in your account.  Also please change your Xfinity password.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Add me to the list of people having this same problem.  I thought I cleared the filters but I am still not receiving amazon emails. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Official Employee

AnnRu, Should be resolved.  Please also change your Xfinity password.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

It works! Thank you so much for your help!

Regular Visitor

Not Receiving Amazon email

not receiving amazon emails please help

Regular Visitor

I also have not received several of my emails for quite a while.  I don't get them from my daughter's school anymore, Bath & Body Works, certain Starbucks emails, Victoria Secret, and a few others.  Something must have changed, because one day I was getting them (every day or two) and then I wasn't getting any of them.  I'm not sure if Comcast decided they were spam (nothing is ever in my spam folder), but I would really like to get all of my emails.  I have done a chat with a representative, but that did not resolve the issue.

Please help.

Not applicable

I am having the same issue.  I am not receiving email from Amazon either.

What has to be done to fix this issue.

New Poster

look for a hidden filter rule in your filters.

Regular Visitor

I tried to find one, but can't seem to find anything.  Where exactly would I look for this?

New Poster

We had this problem too ... wasnt receiving any emails from Amazon.  As to what it looks like, as others have stated, look for "Filter Rules" in your Xfinity mailbox settings (for us, we logged on to the xfinity website, went to our Mail, and then looked for Settings).  Within settings, there is a setting for "Filter Rules."  Unless you have intentionally set up other filter rules, the box should simply say, "There is no rule defined."  If it says anything else, there may be one or rules set up that appear invisible.  I dont recall exactly how I removed it, but I recall there is a small trash icon and there may be other ways to highlight what appears to be blank and delete it.  

Before I found this thread, I tried using the Xfinity support messaging service but the person I spoke with sounded like he was involved in numerous conversations and was distracted and not that helpful.  On the other hand, I see that Xfinity is trying to help on this topic on this forum.

Once I deleted the "invisible" rule to get to the point where it says, "no rule defined," I was able to contact Amazon and the emails started coming in.

What is so insideous about this problem is that it appears both your Xfinity and your Amazon accounts get hacked; the invisible rule is inserted on your Xfinity email account and your password is changed on your Amazon account and, even worse, the hacker sets up two factor authenticaltion on you Amazon account.  All of this can be addressed by Amazon with a little work, but if you cant get email from Amazon, they probably think YOU are the hacker (although they never say it) and they are not going to help you much if at all.

By the way, strongly suggest you change both passwords immediately after you resolve the problem and not use the same one for both!!

New Poster

I am having the same issue with email from a different company.  Please help!

New Poster

I have spent over 3 hours trying to get my Xfinity account to accept emails from Amazon.  I need to reset my password and have over 10 attempts to send email to my Comcast email.   I am completely locked out and now I am on hold again with comcast (going on another 30 minutes) waiting for security support.    

Amazon has no problems sending to other emails (such as gmail), however, since my comcast email is the email of record on my Amazon account, I cannot reset password from another email.  WHICH IS A PROBLEM IF I CANNOT RECEIVE THE EMAIL...

help.   wasted an entire day off with this comcast issue.   

New Poster

Please help me.  I've spent a good part of the day on hold trying to get this fixed.  

Regular Visitor

I am having the same issue -- I'm not receiving emails from Amazon, but my filter already says that I have no rules outstanding 

Official Employee

Hello all,

If you have an issue with receiving emails from the specific recipients like Amazon for example - please send me a private message and include your full name, the account holder's name as it's listed on the billing statement. Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Send a message.  

New Poster

Same issue happening with my email, can't recieve any password verification emails from Amazon. Tried getting help over the phone multiple times and no one could helo me reset it. Amazon Help Center has been trying to send me emails and I have not been getting any of them, need help.

New Poster

Could you please email me your solution. I was trying to troubleshoot the same issue with Amazon email not going through today! I’d ether like to help the customer or put them in contact with you please.

William R. Castleman
Illiff COE
New Poster

SAme issue, not getting emails from amazon

New Poster

I have the same problem. I just was disconnected from a 2 hour call with Comcast tech support. Can you help ke as well? Email: tomjulirowen@comcast.net
Official Employee

@santh08 and @tomjulirowen  I was able to disable some malicious filters that had been created on your accounts that was affecting your Amazon mail.  Please also change your Xfinity passwords.

New Poster

Will do that now and see if it work. Thx