Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Not Receiving Amazon email

Regular Visitor

Not Receiving Amazon email

My Mom is no longer receiving email from Amazon. She uses the web browser to access her email and we have tried from multiple devices and browsers. It is not in Spam or Trash either. I have checked and she does not have any email rules. She needs to do a password reset on her Amazon account but she cannot get the email to verify her identity. She is also a Comcast customer and has called Amazon and they said they have sent her multiple emails. She cannot even get the response from their support because they will not come through to her email. She primarily uses a Kindle Fire and a laptop with Windows 10 (I.E. 11 browser) but I have also tested on an Apple device.

help!

Accepted Solutions
Official Employee

Re: Not Receiving Amazon email

Could you send me a PM with your mom's email address?  I'll see if I can get to the root of the issue, whether on our side or theirs.

All Replies
Official Employee

Could you send me a PM with your mom's email address?  I'll see if I can get to the root of the issue, whether on our side or theirs.

Regular Visitor

Sorry but I am on a mobile device and not quite sure how to send a PM in this forum. She has a case that was escalated last night but she just received an automated message it was resolved but it still doesn’t seem to be. 

Official Employee

I sent you a PM, and a notification should appear near the top of the forum site.  There's typically a bell next to an envelope, and that envelope should be the PM area of the site.

Regular Visitor

This was resolved through PM very efficiently, and it is much appreciated! My mother and I spent (and this is no exaggeration) several hours over 4 calls and one chat with support on this and they were unable to resolve what was resolved through this staff member in less than one day. 

THANKS!

New Poster

I’m having the same issue, who do I contact?

Official Employee

If you're not receiving emails from Amazon, please login to the webmail, and ensure you do not have a filter that is redirecting or discarding the messages.  If you can find no such filter, please let me know via PM, and we'll see what we can find in the logs for your UID.

New Poster

Thanks for your reply. I did find a filter set to forward my emails from Amazon but I didn’t create it. Thankfully a Comcast rep walked me through the process of finding the filter (it was well hidden) and deleting it. Not sure how the hacker accessed my account but it’s definitely something to keep an eye on.
Frequent Visitor

I am not receiving email from Amazon password reset either.  I've check to make sure it's not in the trash or spam folder.  I've also made sure I don't have any filters or blocked senders.  Anything else I can check?  I worked with Amazon for over an hour and they don't see a problem on their side.  Any help would be appreciated!

Official Employee

Could you please send a PM with your email address that is not getting Amazon messages?  Thank you.

Frequent Visitor

I'm not seeing a PM area to send you my information, sorry.   I saw the directions on the earlier post, but not seeing that area.  Any help would be appreciated.

Official Employee

Click my Username, and in the upper right, you should see a place to send me a Private Message.

Frequent Visitor

If I click your username, it takes me to your page.  No place for Private Message.  When I right click your username, I can click send message, but that takes me to a page with the support search header and nothing on the page.  I'm signed in and can see my profile, so not sure what else I can do to resolve sending you a Private Message.  Can you try to send me one?  I'm sorry to be difficult.  Smiley Sad

Official Employee

It says you have your private messages disabled. I'll guess that's why you can't send me one, and I definitely can't send you one. Check your preferences for the forums.
Frequent Visitor

I checked every tab in my settings and there's nothing to enable private messaging.  I found another post in this forum that says people new to the forum have private messaging on their accounts automatically disabled to prevent us sending unsolicited PMs to Comcast employees.  They said it has to be turned on by Comcast. 

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/My-Account-Sign-In-Xfinity-Website/Problem-with-a-private-messages/td-...

Official Employee

There is a filter.  Please login to our webmail platform and check the filters.  If you cannot find this, let me know, and I'll have someone from our CARE group reach out to you and help you get it disabled.

Additionally, please change your Xfinity password at your earliest convenience.

Official Employee

Oh, I was able to get the filter disabled for you.  Please try the Amazon password reset again.

And again, please change your password when you get a moment.

Frequent Visitor

You fixed it!  Thank you so much! 

New Poster

Hello I am not receiving amazon emails and can not reset my amazon password. Thanks.
Official Employee

You also had a filter that was deleting your amazon mail, please try again.
Regular Visitor

I’m not recieving Amazon emails and I need to reset my Amazon password.