Community Forum

Not Receiving Amazon email

Regular Visitor

Not Receiving Amazon email

My Mom is no longer receiving email from Amazon. She uses the web browser to access her email and we have tried from multiple devices and browsers. It is not in Spam or Trash either. I have checked and she does not have any email rules. She needs to do a password reset on her Amazon account but she cannot get the email to verify her identity. She is also a Comcast customer and has called Amazon and they said they have sent her multiple emails. She cannot even get the response from their support because they will not come through to her email. She primarily uses a Kindle Fire and a laptop with Windows 10 (I.E. 11 browser) but I have also tested on an Apple device.

help!

Official Employee

Re: Not Receiving Amazon email

Could you send me a PM with your mom's email address?  I'll see if I can get to the root of the issue, whether on our side or theirs.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Sorry but I am on a mobile device and not quite sure how to send a PM in this forum. She has a case that was escalated last night but she just received an automated message it was resolved but it still doesn’t seem to be. 

Official Employee

I sent you a PM, and a notification should appear near the top of the forum site.  There's typically a bell next to an envelope, and that envelope should be the PM area of the site.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

This was resolved through PM very efficiently, and it is much appreciated! My mother and I spent (and this is no exaggeration) several hours over 4 calls and one chat with support on this and they were unable to resolve what was resolved through this staff member in less than one day. 

THANKS!

New Poster

I’m having the same issue, who do I contact?

Official Employee

If you're not receiving emails from Amazon, please login to the webmail, and ensure you do not have a filter that is redirecting or discarding the messages.  If you can find no such filter, please let me know via PM, and we'll see what we can find in the logs for your UID.

New Poster

Thanks for your reply. I did find a filter set to forward my emails from Amazon but I didn’t create it. Thankfully a Comcast rep walked me through the process of finding the filter (it was well hidden) and deleting it. Not sure how the hacker accessed my account but it’s definitely something to keep an eye on.
Frequent Visitor

I am not receiving email from Amazon password reset either.  I've check to make sure it's not in the trash or spam folder.  I've also made sure I don't have any filters or blocked senders.  Anything else I can check?  I worked with Amazon for over an hour and they don't see a problem on their side.  Any help would be appreciated!

Official Employee

Could you please send a PM with your email address that is not getting Amazon messages?  Thank you.

Frequent Visitor

I'm not seeing a PM area to send you my information, sorry.   I saw the directions on the earlier post, but not seeing that area.  Any help would be appreciated.

Official Employee

Click my Username, and in the upper right, you should see a place to send me a Private Message.

Frequent Visitor

If I click your username, it takes me to your page.  No place for Private Message.  When I right click your username, I can click send message, but that takes me to a page with the support search header and nothing on the page.  I'm signed in and can see my profile, so not sure what else I can do to resolve sending you a Private Message.  Can you try to send me one?  I'm sorry to be difficult.  Smiley Sad

Official Employee

It says you have your private messages disabled. I'll guess that's why you can't send me one, and I definitely can't send you one. Check your preferences for the forums.

Frequent Visitor

I checked every tab in my settings and there's nothing to enable private messaging.  I found another post in this forum that says people new to the forum have private messaging on their accounts automatically disabled to prevent us sending unsolicited PMs to Comcast employees.  They said it has to be turned on by Comcast. 

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/My-Account-Sign-In-Xfinity-Website/Problem-with-a-private-messages/td-...

Official Employee

There is a filter.  Please login to our webmail platform and check the filters.  If you cannot find this, let me know, and I'll have someone from our CARE group reach out to you and help you get it disabled.

Additionally, please change your Xfinity password at your earliest convenience.

Official Employee

Oh, I was able to get the filter disabled for you.  Please try the Amazon password reset again.

And again, please change your password when you get a moment.

Frequent Visitor

You fixed it!  Thank you so much! 

New Poster

Hello I am not receiving amazon emails and can not reset my amazon password. Thanks.
Official Employee

You also had a filter that was deleting your amazon mail, please try again.

Regular Visitor

I’m not recieving Amazon emails and I need to reset my Amazon password. 

New Poster

I discovered that I am also not receiving emails from Amazon when I attempted to resent my password.  Been on the phone with Comast 3x and Amazon 2x.  Can you help

Official Employee

Mocal,

I don't see anything that indicates we're filtering those messages, and I don't see any messages to you that appear to be from their password support folks.  Start with verifying your email address in their system, and let me know if you still can't get a reset.  We have some contacts at Amazon that we can work with to try to figure out what's going on.

New Poster

I'm not able to access amazon emails either. Please help.

Official Employee

Check your trash, you had a filter to move messages from Amazon to your trash.  I've deactivated that filter.  You may also want to change your password for your email.

New Poster

not receiving amazon emails.  Checked filter and have none.  I really need to communicate with amazon.  Needed to change my password and cant because no email, no security code. 

Official Employee

I see these should be getting delivered to your inbox.  Are they still not appearing?

New Poster

I'm having the same issue.  Got droppedf from call after 1.75 hours on the phone with Comcast.  

Thanks for any help!

Official Employee

You also had a filter set in your webmail.  I've now deleted it.  You should probably also change your password.

New Poster

All set!  Thank you very much!

New Poster

I am having the same issue with all of a sudden not receiving Amazon emails...don't know how I would have/could have set a filter...can you help?

Official Employee

I disabled the filter for you.  Please verify, and change your password as well.

New Poster

Awesome! Thank you. Irritating that this happens all of a sudden. But so glad it was an easy fix I’m your end. Thanks again.
Regular Visitor

I am having the same problem and don't know where to access the filter.  Any help would be most appreciated.

Official Employee

I deactivated the malicious filter.  Please change your password.

Regular Visitor

Change my Amazon or my xfinity password?

Thanks!

Regular Visitor

Still doesn't seem to be working.  Any other suggestions?

Official Employee

Your Xfinity password.

Could you check again?  I see a message should have been delivered just after 6pm Eastern

Regular Visitor

Just checked.  Nothing from Amazon.

New Poster

How do i fix this problem

Official Employee

Meden2, Please try now.  And please change your Xfinity password.

New Poster

I’m running into the same problem

Official Employee

Libby2740, Okay, you should be squared away now with regard to Amazon emails.  As with the others, you should change your Xfinity password.

New Poster

I'm having the same problem!! My Amazon account was hacked on 9/15/18 and I haven't received a single Amazon email since that date. Amazon says numerous emails have been sent and to contact Comcast, which I did. They checked my filters finding no issue. 

Any other thoughts? PLEASE HELP!! I'm truly at a loss at this point Smiley Sad

Thanks in advance!!

Cheryl

Official Employee

CW18, the malicious filter has now been removed.  Please validate, and please change your Xfinity password as well.

New Poster

YAAAYYYY!!! Back in!!! You are SERIOUSLY the BEST!!! 

Thank you so much!!

New Poster

I am also having the same problem. Also can't figure out how to enable PM. How can I get help?

Official Employee

I don't see any filters for you, I'll send you a private message.

Regular Visitor

I am also not receiving any emails from amazon since my account was compromised 2 weeks ago.  I have checked my filters and spam, trash, etc.  I have had multiple calls to amazon and comcast with no resolution.  Can you look into mine too?  Thank you!

New Poster

I had the same thing happen to me today.

Somebody hacked into my xfinity account and added a email filter to treat anything from amazon as spam and delete it. 

They also had hacked into my amazon account and changed the password.  With the comcast filter, I would never get the "reset password" email.

Look into your email filter list for anything.

For me, I found a   '   (apostrophe) as a filter and all the amazon stuff was in it.

Bring these people to justice!!