Community Forum

No email in 3 days

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

No email in 3 days

Hello. I've not received any email in the last 3 days (except 1 from a gmail account this morning). Normally get multiple a day from various companies and newsletters. I also send from my work email while working from home but those are not coming through now. I was able to send a test email to my work address. I receive emails from xfinity addresses but nothing outside.

I'm accessing though Outlook on my PC, Xfinity webmail on PC, and Xfinity Connect app on iphone.

Any help appreciated. Cannot get anyone on chat and no phone number listed anymore on contact screen.

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: No email in 3 days

Our server shows it delivered multiple emails so far today. Please check via our webmail on xfinity.com. If the issue is within Outlook, unfortunately Comcast would not be able to directly assist as it is a third party program. 

Additionally, i do see a few emails actually being blocked due to containing attachments containing viruses (4 emails in the last week). Have you by chance opened any attachments prior to this issue? Also, have you received any emails with attachments that seemed questionable via outlook? If so, please run a virus and malware scan as soon as possible and change your password.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

No. I'm adamant about not opening attachments and very aware of what these type emails look like. I have started to get some emails this morning, work emails I've sent to myself and a couple of receipts for car regestrations I initiated, but have been unable to receive a work email with an excel spreadsheet after multiple tries and none of my usual volume of email. Maybe is it's a slow weekend for emails? 🙂

Thanks for taking a look and I'll keep an eye on it. Will also run malware check, just in case. (Norton already installed)

Highlighted
Official Employee

To clarify, is the domain you are attempting to send the attachment from fedex.com? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!