Community Forum

No email for two days

New Poster

No email for two days

Hi - for some reason, the account's secondary user's email has stopped.

There is no mail in the Inbox on xFinity Connect, and no mail has been downloaded from that server to Windows Live Mail for the past two days.

I logged into the secondry user email account to check if it has been suspended for not logging in for 12 months, but it has not. My primary email account is getting mail just fine.

Any idea what is going on and how I fix it? It seems that no messages for this user account are making it to the Comcast server, because I've left that email account open for several hours on xFinity Connect and not even a single spam message has appeared.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: No email for two days

What happens if you send a test email to to that address? Does it send? Does that address receive it?

If you are you getting any error messages please post them but remove any personal information first. The forums are public. It isn't safe to post personal information here, and it's against forum rules (see http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Forum-Community/Forums-Policy-and-Guidelines/m-p/2618379#M1).

If you post an email address, remove the userID portion but leave the rest. For example, if the message contained the email address "bobsmith@example.net", edit that so it reads "********@example.net" before posting.

Check your "Email Safe List" setting. It sometimes gets turned on when it should be off. When it's on, only email from addresses you add to your Safe List will get through. If you still have the older Zimbra webmail ("...web.mail.comcast.net/zimbra/..."), the setting is under Preferences / Email / Email Safe List. If you have the newer Appsuite webmail ("...connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/..."), the setting is under (gear icon) / Settings / Mail / Advanced Settings / Email Safe list.

If the setting is correct and an employee doesn't take care of this for you here, Comcast Security Assurance might be able to help. Give them a call at 1-888-565-4329 (from https://internetsecurity.xfinity.com/help/report-abuse/). Note that this is NOT one of the general customer service numbers. The first-line reps there are sometimes not very helpful, so you may need to be persistent and keep at them until you get a satisfactory answer.

New Poster

Re: No email for two days

FYI - Suddenly the email account is working again. Although it did not tell me that the account had been disabled due to no signon for 12 or more months, the fact that it started working again after I logged into that account leads me to believe that was actually the issue.