Community Forum

No comcast email sending/receiving through Outlook 2010 - Since Thursday

New Poster

No comcast email sending/receiving through Outlook 2010 - Since Thursday

All of a sudden none of my @comcast.net emails will send/receive through Outlook 2010 on PC.  No settings have changed. Passwords work as I can access Xfinity webmail. Get error message about can't sync subscribed folders - server not responding - contact internet provider blah blah blah.  Deleted a secondary email and tried to add it using the Comcast imap settings as outlined by Comcast.  Get error saying can't reach server.

Called Comcast Xfinity - no help. All tech support could do was agree that my settings were correct. Supposedly excalating this but meanwhile I can't send or receive.

Anyone else?  Any suggestions.

New Poster

Re: No comcast email sending/receiving through Outlook 2010 - Since Thursday

I am having some of the same issues.  I can receive, but not send.  HAve you had any resolution?  Comcast is absolutely NO help.

New Poster

Nope no resolution. Supposedly they escalated it to higher tier and they will call me.  Ha. Not holding breath. So frustrating n

New Poster

They tell me they will call me, too but never do.   I plan to leave comcast.  My issue is I have used them since 2009 and I have so many folders!  I'll have to figure out a way to access all of them.  I'm going to try to call them again today one more time.  good luck to you!

New Poster

I can't get emails either
New Poster

"Tech support" called two days ago. Told me if I could access emails on my IPad it was Microsoft's fault. Told them it wasn't and I could get my snet.net and work emails through Outlook just fine. Only my Comcast got the synchronizing error, etc. He told me basically tough luck - didn't want to hear it and refused to believe it was Comcast.  Turned on my computer an hour later and could get my Comcast emails.  Today, my husband - on his PC with a different Outlook program couldn't get his Comcast emails.  So I turned on my computer - and guess what?  Couldn't get mine again!  

Yeah . . . it's Microsoft's fault.

Unbelievable how poor Comcast support is!

Regular Visitor

Cannot send any Outlook emails via Xfinity

Called and tech said too bad. Microsoft issues.  I am the last one on earth that could help anyone with any IT issue. What the heck to do?

Ginny

Expert

Re: Cannot send any Outlook emails via Xfinity

@Fjord wrote:

Called and tech said too bad. Microsoft issues.  I am the last one on earth that could help anyone with any IT issue. What the heck to do?

Ginny

Are you getting any error message when trying to send with Outlook?  Can you send and receive your email OK using only a browser and the webmail interface?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Re: Cannot send any Outlook emails via Xfinity

I got it to work by magic! It dumped in all last weeks email. Don't know what I did but did go to the account settings and played with the smtp and changed the outgoing number to 587. Then I was able to send. 

Believe it or not I am in academia at the college level and I depend on the IT department greatly Smiley Happy.

Thanks so much for reaching out.

Hang around and I am sure that something else will pop up!

Ginny