Community Forum

No coax wire?

Regular Visitor

No coax wire?

What happends if there is no coax wire at all in my apartment as it is a really old apartment. Do I have to hire someone else to install coax wires? 

Tags (2)
Silver Problem Solver

Re: No coax wire?

Look for Coax wall jacks.  If none, Comcast will install them as part of a new installation.

What does the landlord say?  Landlord might be responsivle for providing cable tv access and or internet access.

Regular Visitor

I will contact my landlord later on, There are 0 Coax outlets when I moved here. 

Official Employee

Adding to James, have an ROE (right of entry) , signed by your landlord if you end up getting a tech out. An ROE is anything signed by your landlord giving approval to drill holes, run cable etc.
Regular Visitor

Alright, She said its Okay, but she also mentioned theres no coax wire in the wall, how will this work?

Official Employee

Without having the benefit of knowing the layout of your building, where the cable comes up to the building etc, it's impossible to tell. It'll be up to the tech. I think it may be a bad sign that there's never been cable to your apartment tho.
Regular Visitor

How much will it cost to connect a cable from the pole, and create an outlet? Will you guys be doing wire fishing? 

Official Employee

Again, these are all questions, you need to ask your installer. Getting it to the building is part of install but where it goes after that and if it's possible to get to your unit are all things left up to the installer.
Diamond Problem Solver