Community Forum

New email format?

Frequent Visitor

New email format?

With the new email format, when I want to move an email to a specific folder, the list of folders is abridged and only lists about 60% of my folders? What's up with this. Also my wife, who is also on the account, her email is still in the old format?

Expert

Re: New email format?

For the Move window, try to scroll down to see the rest of them.  As for your wife, the accounts are migrated separately.  It could be a while yet before they get around to hers.

Frequent Visitor

Scrolling down does not help if some of my "old folders" did not make the transition to the new format. How can I recover folders "lost" in the transition from old to updated format? Are they lost to me forever along with their content?

Also, if I want to move an email, say from inbox to a "'My folders' listed folder," that does not appear in the "Move Box" choices listed, how do I get it to the proper place. When I called 1-800-COMCAST, the only advice I got was to "drag" the email manually to the desired folder and click the mouse to deposit. This is very tedious and not a systems-satisfactory solution and I request such guidance please.

New Poster

I need an answer to this as well.

ANYBODY HAVE AN ANSWER??? 

Regular Visitor

I have just been told, after three months of contact with Comcast technical folks, that five months of my emails (Mar '17 to Sep '17) are lost forever.  I find that conclusion unacceptable.  I think it began with transition to the new email format, which arrived without warning and without instructions.

Regular Visitor

The new email format is horrible as others have said.  When I attempt to reply to an email, there is no line available to type a message.  The top part of the email, to; from; subject; etc covers the whole screen, and scrolling does nothing.  Also same problems as others - folders do not show; the type size is too large, and more.

Regular Visitor

I've lost folders also.  What really upsets me is that our "friends" at Xfinity Comcast pushed this "improved" email format on us with no notice and gave us no options.  I'm ready to find a new provider.  I cannot reply to emails I've received.  Absolutely horrible in all ways.

New Poster

Are you able to pick them up on your wireless phone?  All of my folders show up on my IPhone...but they don't on my regular email from my laptop.  Very strange.