Community Forum

New Xfinity Webmail

Contributor

Re: Emails never arriving

I'm thinking the same thing. It's obvious Comcast had a huge server problem yesterday affecting the email system. This is happening way too often. FIOS was making some pretty good offers. Seriously considering switching.

Admin1

Hello All -- We had a national issue with our email platform yesterday. This has now been resolved. We are currently dealing with some residual fallout from this issue. We appreciate your patience while we get this fully resolved. 

Contributor

yea, I've read you can keep your comcast email even if you do not have Comcast services, but what's the point when that's what I have been having with is Email - not the actual internet service...

Regular Visitor

@ComcastZach wrote:

Hello All -- We had a national issue with our email platform yesterday. This has now been resolved. We are currently dealing with some residual fallout from this issue. We appreciate your patience while we get this fully resolved. 

Does this include restore missing email in folders?  I'm missing like 10 years worth of email.

Official Employee

Hi gutter2424. Is this a recent change with your email? Please send me a direct message with your service address and phone number. I'd like to see how I can help. Thank you. 

Regular Visitor

Same issue here.

No old emails in one of my email accounts.  Missing probably 5 or 6 years of emails now.

Happened after the big meltdown earlier last week.

-moyesusa

Regular Visitor

@ComcastSarahL wrote:

Hi gutter2424. Is this a recent change with your email? Please send me a direct message with your service address and phone number. I'd like to see how I can help. Thank you. 

Sarah, when I try to Private Message you I get a Private Message page but no options to actually send a message.  It looks like there are Javascript errors preventing the page from loading.  I sent an DM to @ComcastCares on Twitter.  I'm hoping this will be sent to the appropriate people to help me.

Official Employee

Hi moyesusa! I saw your private message and I look forward to working with you there. 

Official Employee

Hi gutter2424! Thanks for letting me know you ran into troubles. We can certainly help via Twitter. However, I would also recommend trying another browser if you are running into an error with the private message feature. We're here to help!

Regular Visitor

I have the same issue.  After email service was restored, all my past emails are gone and the only message in my inbox was a 'Welcome to Xfinity Connect email'.  It's like they wiped my account and started over.  Someone please help.  No one on the phone has been able to help, and have not offered any solutions. Please just restore my email contents to before the outage so I can get my emails back.

Official Employee

Hi gklostermann. I'd be happy to see how we can help with your email concerns. Please send me a Private Message with your address and phone number to get started. Thank you!

New Poster

Re: New xfinity email lost all my folders

Scroll to the bottom of the list of emails and in the left hand corner there should be in pale gray and arrow and the words show folders.  Click on it.

Regular Contributor

Re: New xfinity email lost all my folders

It seems that Xfinity Connect won't open because the loading takes forever!  When will the issue be fixed? Cat Sad

Contributor

Re: New Xfinity Webmail / FAIL

No.  Rejected.  I did not request a complete email overhaul or to be part of some new product or program roll out.  My small business is not a game, neither is the past 10 years of my email.  I want the previous email program back immediately.

Contributor

Re: New Xfinity Webmail / FAIL

The font is too small, the borders are not clear, I can not easily visually search through the top page data anymore.  Need much larger font sizing for the one lines describing the specific email with rotating grey background and lines in between emails for more comprehensive readability.   Give me the previous email appearance back immediately.  The change is unwelcome and not appreciated.  The color change is unnecessary, this is a work email, I want black and white like I enjoyed for the 10 years prior.  I want the control bar back on the left side full time permanently, I spend a great deal of time working emails and can not suddenly be blind to incoming email while I'm busy writing detailed technical emails, and lack of this puts too much white on the screen.  I want the control bar to jump to drafts, inbox, or sent with one single click, and to always have the ability to see instantly how many new emails hit real time.  There is so much white on the screen it's blinding and the cool easy to view tones are gone.  Whomever designed this must not spend much time on a desktop pc.  Now will have to use a different browser with downsized window just to use exclusively for email so I don't have to constantly change the browser window sizing to deal with the excess white on screen.  This is not accepted, not appreciated, and I want the legacy view back.  No time to deal with the next unwelcome unrequested Comcast Xfinity 'upgrade'.  It's a downgrade, less appeal, reduced readability, reduced awareness of inbound emails if busy in other emails, forced color spectrum.  Where is the move to button for easy sorting back to inbox and out of spam or delete, in the case of accidental delete click.  The email was the last reason I stayed a customer all these years, give it back the way it was and please do not change it. 

Contributor

Re: New XFINITY e mail is horrible

The font is so small in the top view sections where one reviews all the inbound or outbound emails, I can't read it.  I'm not sitting on a jumbotron at my living room desk.  No more borders in between emails for easy readability, so much white on the screen.  Just an all around unwelcome change and as usual for Xfinity these days, a fail.  Try hiring Americans.

Contributor

Re: NEW Service offered by Comcast/Xfinity

Exactly, I'm not sure I can even use this.  The font is so small.  This may be the end.  Wasted efforts, why don't they just let the customer control all those visual items.  Waste of my time.  Working late and suddenly; new email settings forced without any permission.  Brilliant strategy.  Make people who deal in mass emails difficult to read, remove rotating tones and seperation lines.  Brilliant.  Now I'm supposed to stare at this Zimbra happy face cartoon logo all day in the upper corner?  10 year olds have apparently taken over Comcast email.

Contributor

Re: New Xfinity Webmail / legacy, thank you.

Back to legacy.  Thank you.

Regular Contributor

Xfinity Webmail

I thought the old web email worked better. I've put up with the new email, but it loads slower- sometimes I think it will never load. One thing I noticed lately that irritates me is the messages that are marked read show as unread the next time I log in. This includes messages in Trash ans well as InBox.

Too many bugs, I guess they outsource their software to India. A company I used to work for did that and they ended up rewriting the outsourced code.The weird thing is they kept repeating their mistake by outsourcing the next job.

Contributor

Re: Xfinity Webmail

The thing is, from the very beginning their "new" email system was horrible and continues with problems up until the present. I have 38 new emails listed as in the Inbox but they are nowhere to be seen. Makes me wonder how many I never receive. Comcast needs to hire people who really know what they are doing, but that is asking too much.

Frequent Visitor

Re: New Xfinity Webmail

Hello,

It appears that the "new" email look has not trickled down to me yet, do you know if and when it is supposed to take place. Our email and my wife's email accounts have been "updated". I am the "admin" for our comcast account, so is there something I need to do to get it done? I have been waiting since it first came out, but nothing yet. Please advise.

Thank you in advance,

Expert

@Macuser4770 wrote:

Hello,

It appears that the "new" email look has not trickled down to me yet, do you know if and when it is supposed to take place. Our email and my wife's email accounts have been "updated". I am the "admin" for our comcast account, so is there something I need to do to get it done? I have been waiting since it first came out, but nothing yet. Please advise.

Thank you in advance,

There is nothing you can do to make it happen.  You just wait for it to happen.  The information I have indicates that the migration to the new format is about 98% complete at this time.  Look at the URL in the address bar when signed into the email;  if it says Zimbra you are still in the old format.  If it says Appsuite you are in the new one.

Frequent Visitor

Hello Latoque,

Thank you for the update. I will check whenever I look at my emails. Appsuite instead of Zimbra.

Frequent Visitor

Be careful what you wish for.  If you will read some of these previous emails, you can see that folks, including myself, are not happy with appsuite, even after being forced onto it many months ago.

Contributor

I can't understand it either. Never had so many problems before Xfinity decided to fix what wasn't broken. Now my inbox always shows 38 emails still to be opened that aren't even there. Even after I've opened all the new ones, it still says "38". I've grown to ignore it. Wonder where those emails are floating around, or if they even exist. So when I see the amount of new messages, I just subtract 38 from the number and that gives me the true amount. Not even worth pursuing.

Regular Contributor

I've had a similar problem since the new (appsuite) email appeared.

Messages that were marked read reappear as unread the next time I log in. This applies to messages in TRASH and SPAM folders as well as INBOX.

It's maddening and I though it would eventually go away, but no.

That's what they get by contracting their software out to foreign parties.

Frequent Visitor

Am I missing something? All that I see are Responses from 2016!!! We all need a 2018 fix people!!!

Regular Contributor

@PeteFrosio wrote:

Am I missing something? All that I see are Responses from 2016!!! We all need a 2018 fix people!!!

Are you on Page 14 where the new messages are hiding?

Contributor

Today, 07/19/2018, xfinity email informs me that there will be a new email platform automatically rolled out, and the user will have no control whether this happens or not.  Please do not change my email format in any way what so ever.  The reason I have remained an xfinity comcast customer for well over a decade is because I need this email for work and the email in it's current state works very well.  For a brief few days I had to deal with the god awful new zimbra email and it was so bad I had immediately looked at alternative service providers.  Please do not change my email what so ever, that would be a breach of contract and I would be forced to look elsewhere for my bundled services.  Please do not change the email settings or the email format.  I like the email in it's current state, it's easy to use, intuitive, and works very well for my regular day to day business needs.  Please have an American representative call or email me.

Expert

@jhallappraisals wrote:

Today, 07/19/2018, xfinity email informs me that there will be a new email platform automatically rolled out, and the user will have no control whether this happens or not.  Please do not change my email format in any way what so ever.  The reason I have remained an xfinity comcast customer for well over a decade is because I need this email for work and the email in it's current state works very well.  For a brief few days I had to deal with the god awful new zimbra email and it was so bad I had immediately looked at alternative service providers.  Please do not change my email what so ever, that would be a breach of contract and I would be forced to look elsewhere for my bundled services.  Please do not change the email settings or the email format.  I like the email in it's current state, it's easy to use, intuitive, and works very well for my regular day to day business needs.  Please have an American representative call or email me.

You don't really have much choice about the webmail format, but at least you were informed of the coming change. 

The change in the look and function of email is not a breach of contract; Comcast is under no obligation to provide email services.

I understand that you're used to using the Zimbra webmail format, but from what you posted it apparently wasn't a change you liked then, either, but you got used to using it.  Appsuite, while different, also offers a few upgrades you might like, but like getting used to Zimbra, you will get used to Appsuite, too.

However, if you really don't like the new webmail, there isn't a reason to look for another service provider.  After all, if you changed ISP's you would have to get used to their webmail if offered, never mind having to notify everyone of your new email address.  Instead, consider using a free desktop email client.  Zimbra does offer a free desktop client, but again, it's more robust than the version Comcast offered and would probably take a bit of time to learn all about it.  It does come with a Calendar, Address book [contacts] and Tasks, so it's more like Outlook in nature.  Another good email client is Thunderbird, which also functions similar to Outlook.  I used the Zimbra desktop client for a while, and then switched to Thunderbird.  Both are good desktop clients.  I switched to Thunderbird because I also use Firefox.

So, you have options if you're willing to look at them.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Frequent Visitor

I will never get used to the ever changing incorrect email count, nor the countless and continous, forever lost emails that were inside folders that I created.  I have had appsuite for plenty of time to get used to it...I'm sorry to completly disagree, I can't get used to a program that rarely works well.

Contributor

All of which began to happen with the "new" email. Went for years with the old one without any of these problems. Why Comcast wanted to fix what wasn't broken is the real question.

Expert

@LostHearts wrote:

All of which began to happen with the "new" email. Went for years with the old one without any of these problems. Why Comcast wanted to fix what wasn't broken is the real question.

In addition to what Again posted, did you consider just setting your Comcast email to auto-forward to some other email account you have like Gmail or Outlook.com, whose format you might like better?  That way you still don't have to change the email address.  OR----some providers like Outlook.com and Gmail offer a "mail-fetcher" feature that lets you enable an external account, say Comcast, and access the email from their webmail interface.

Just sayin

Regular Contributor

Something's wrong!  Xfinity Connect is not working.  When I try to get to Xfinity Connect, the loading takes forever and it won't let me go to my e-mail. (Also, when I try to do that while logged out, it won't let me go to the login page, so I had to log in by another way.)  When will Xfinity Connect be fixed? Cat Sad

Frequent Visitor

Really dislike this.  The defaults are annoyinng and too many clicks to get what I want.  Also, I WANT THE SOUND BACK!  I need to know when mail arrives when I'm in the middle of a critical project.  I say put it back.  If it's not broken, don't fix it.

Regular Visitor

I'm having the exact same problem.  I tried my work computer and home computer which are two separate ISPs.

My work took 3 minutes to connect and display, and my home Comcast timed out...

Expert

@angeldeb82 wrote:

Something's wrong!  Xfinity Connect is not working.  When I try to get to Xfinity Connect, the loading takes forever and it won't let me go to my e-mail. (Also, when I try to do that while logged out, it won't let me go to the login page, so I had to log in by another way.)  When will Xfinity Connect be fixed? Cat Sad

Try clearing out your browser's cache/browsing history. When you have done that, close out the browser and re-start it in a fresh session. If that doesn't do it, then try using a different browser.

Contributor

Both my husband and I are constantly, randomly unable to read our Xfinity Connect emails without being required to log in.  The email subject shows on the screen, but there is no text, just a little circle spinning around.  I spoke to someone at Xfinity who said she was "syncing" our accounts with their system so this would no longer happen.   Didn't succeed.  So annoying.  Is there a fix?

Also, often at the bottom of the Connect screen it shows something like 49998570269 unread emails. ???

Expert

Did you try clearing history in your browser as I suggested upthread?

Regular Visitor

Compose button doesn't work

How nice that the Compose button doesn't work. So very useful when an "update" utterly fails.

Expert

Re: Compose button doesn't work

@WhatABother wrote:

How nice that the Compose button doesn't work. So very useful when an "update" utterly fails.

Try clearing out your browser's cache/browsing history. When you have done that, close out the browser and re-start it in a fresh session. If that doesn't do it, then try using a different browser.

Contributor

Clearing the browser? Frankly, I don't understnad how that suggestion is relevant for a problem with  Xfinity Connect on my IPhone.   Probably I posted this complaint under the wrong subject matter?

Thanks.

Expert

@mlmsolomon wrote:

Clearing the browser? Frankly, I don't understnad how that suggestion is relevant for a problem with  Xfinity Connect on my IPhone.   Probably I posted this complaint under the wrong subject matter?

Thanks.

You didn't say how you are accessing your email, so I assumed you were looking at a computer.  Are you using Safari on the phone?  Or the Mail app that comes in iOS, or the Xfinity Connect Mobile app or what?

New Poster

After the upgrade, I have a couple of major peeves/issues! One...in the old client, when I deleted an email, the next email would always be selected. Thus, I could work my way down the list, keeping real emails and deleting the junk(I get over 100 emails today and about 90% arejunk). In this new client, occasionally, when I delete a junk email, instead of highlighting the next email (allowing me to delete another junk email most of the time), it sometimes pops back up and selects one of my previous "keeper" emails. This is REALLY bad...I keep accidentally deleting my good stuff as a result.

Along the same lines...I like that if a row is selected for a long time, the body will show up in the right hand pane...but what I don't like is it taking focus away from the rows. Sometimes I want to see the contents to see if it's junk or not, but when the row loses focus, I have to go back and click the row again to select the opened email and delete...and about half the time, it opens it up again in full screen. Just an extra pain in the you know what.

Please fix those!

Contributor

Sorry.  I don't think I was clear that I am referring to problems with the Xfinity Connect mobile app on my Apple IPhone.  It frequently won't open the emails that are listed on the screen; and I have to log out of the app and then back in to get the contents of the emails.   Sometimes the log-in fails.

To answer your question, Safari is the web browser on the phone.

Thanks.

Regular Visitor

So all morning I got my mail, which I get via Thunderbird when suddenly email stops.  I go to the Comcast website and can't sign in anywhere without getting the 503 error code re: service unavailable.  I call tech support and eventually it does let me in.  We also reboot and all that stuff.  Comcast has the newest email thing going and there's my mail, but it's not going to Thunderbird.

I don't need or want imap.  I only use my computer.  I'm already using the 995 port so all I need to change is the incoming server from "pop" to "mail".comcast.net.  Still no mail.  Thunderbird sends my login info successfully.  It checks for new mail and that takes longer than it should.  Then it says there are no new messages, but trust me, there's a ton.  Again, reboot and refresh and all that stuff.  Cache is cleared, etc etc etc.

Still, twelve hours since my last email at about 11 am this morning, I'm not getting email.  I can send email just fine, but Thunderbird says there are no new messages.  Comcast is washing their hands of it, per usual.  All of this is because they forced this new system for email and now I can't get my email where I want it, in Thunderbird.

Has anyone found a solution or have any idea why the Comcast server is not giving Thunderbird my email?

=========THE GOOD NEWS:  Not long after I wrote this late last night, Comcast and Thunderbird apparently finally shook hands and started communicating again.  Yippee !  I have my mail.   THE BAD NEWS: In creating their new email, Comcast apparently marked every piece of email as new!  Thunderbird downloaded over 22,000 pieces of email and there was no way I could stop it.  It took about 2 1/2 hrs to complete.