Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

New Xfinity Webmail

Expert

Re: New Xfinity Webmail

GBlevins wrote:

I cannot access my email at all, but I see I have many unread emails.  can you help me?  every time i click on the notification, it says the page doesn't exist.

Try clearing out your browser's cache/browsing history. When you have done that, close out the browser and re-start it in a fresh session. If that doesn't do it, then try using a different browser.

New Poster

I've had nothing but issues with my email account since it was converted over.  It would have been nice if comcast sent a notification before the transition to know that it was happening instead of blowing my email accounts out of the water.

Expert

Kitten65 wrote:

I've had nothing but issues with my email account since it was converted over.  It would have been nice if comcast sent a notification before the transition to know that it was happening instead of blowing my email accounts out of the water.

Is there some particular question you had about using the email or a browser?

New Poster

I'm another disgruntled Comcast customer...They lost some of my email folders during the transition. After numerous phone calls their final answer was "sorry, we lost the folders they are no longer on our server and they are not retrievable". These folders contained my business account emails which I needed for year end closing. I guess they expect everyone to just roll over when they make stupid mistakes with this new system! They should at least warn unmigrated customers of the potential problems that exist and allow them to make a choice  in the change. Is there ANY WAY that this could be prevented? Is there any way to find the lost folders? Apparently the Comcast support phone team can't help.

Regular Contributor

To all the disgruntled subscribers, you need to go to Christoper Elliott's consumer advocacy website, click on "contacts" then "cable" where you'll find email addresses for the Comcast executives in Philadelphia.   They'll have some sympathetic person from the Executive Support Team contact you. May not solve all your problems, but it's a whole lot more enjoyable than dealing with the outsourced heavily scripted tech support folks overseas.

Official Employee

jdavid49.

I'm sorry to hear you are having a problem finding oll your folders. I checked on the backened and it looks like all your folders made it across ok. Can you please make sure you have all the folders expanded, both under Inbox, as well as My folders? If this doesn't help, please PM me and let me know what folders (names if you remember them) you are missing so we can look for you.

Brett

Folder view side by side.jpg

Contributor

Hi,

How do I get the new webmail interface?

Expert

jesstears2u wrote:

Hi,

How do I get the new webmail interface?

It's being rolled out slowly to everyone.  There isn't a way to request it.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Contributor

Thank you for the response. Will keep checking back.

Expert

jesstears2u wrote:

Thank you for the response. Will keep checking back.

There's no need to check back here.  It will just happen one day without any prior notice.  If you have more than one Comcast email address it may or may not happen to all of them at the same time.

Contributor

Not check back here. Check back to my email account.
Expert
Moved:

Regular Contributor

I use Windows Mail our check my mail on S5 or Tab4 and now it is not leaving a copy on the Xfinity server as before with no changes from me.

What to do?

Contributor

Anyone else having problems composing new emails? When I click "Compose" or "Reply" the two arrows in the screen just churn and churn and churn. This has been since yesterday. It is beyond frustrating.

Problem Solver

ellen, for what it's worth, I was able to load, compose and send an email through comcast web mail to another email a/c.  

ciao, bj

Expert

ellenthebanned wrote:

Anyone else having problems composing new emails? When I click "Compose" or "Reply" the two arrows in the screen just churn and churn and churn. This has been since yesterday. It is beyond frustrating.

Try clearing out your browser's cache/browsing history. When you have done that, close out the browser and re-start it in a fresh session. If that doesn't do it, then try using a different browser.

Contributor

Latoque wrote:

ellenthebanned wrote:

I did ALL of those things. You know how I knew to do all of those things? Because this is not the first, nor the second, nor the third time this has happened and I've had to contact Comcast for help. Still not working today. This is DAYS and DAYS of being unable to compose an email. This is beyond ridiculous. I feel like I'm held hostage to use the system because it's the email I have used for my business for the past ten years. To change now is an enormous undertaking, but not being able to compose an email (new or reply) is worse. 

Is there anyone from Comcast who reads these boards? Does anyone at Comcast understand how horrible this product is and how frustrated its customers are with it?

New Poster

For the past 10 days my webmail will not even open.

When I click on the link on the home page it tells me the site is unreachable.

I have been using the webmail for many years and don't need another tutorial from some one with nothing but apologies.

If there is a link to a new "site" please post it here as I have done the "clear the cache, try again, try a new browser" fix many times with zero improvement.

Expert

wrote:

For the past 10 days my webmail will not even open.

When I click on the link on the home page it tells me the site is unreachable.

I have been using the webmail for many years and don't need another tutorial from some one with nothing but apologies.

If there is a link to a new "site" please post it here as I have done the "clear the cache, try again, try a new browser" fix many times with zero improvement.

If you are still in the old email format, at some point you will be migrated to the new one.  There is nothing you can do yourself to make it happen.  It just will.  People are being migrated on a per-account basis.  As for the rest of it, how are you accessing your email?  With only a browser and the webmail on a computer, or on a mobile device maybe?  If you have a smartphone or tablet, try accessing the account from another location like the public library or something else that has free wi-fi.  Can you sign in normally then?  

New Poster

It seems rediculous that they would kill (possibly) my access to the old format before enabling my access to the new format.

I have tried this from my home PC and my work PC (which is where I normally use webmail).

For mobile use and from Outlook I can get my email just fine.

But that is not using a web mail client.

Regular Visitor

New Webmail Missing Address Book Export

When will the Address Book Export feature be available? The only option right now is Import.

I recall seeing posts from months ago that export had been turned off by Comcast.

Expert

Re: New Webmail Missing Address Book Export

It was down for a long time due to a bug in the software, then they got it working again for about a month, then it went down again.  Same with the Print function in that same menu.  I have not seen any projected fix date so far.

New Poster

Just got moved over to the new webmail. My inbox and folders were migrated correctly, however none of the *new* email coming into my folders is being retrieved. (I have 3 folders, each associated with an additional comcast email addresses). I get new emails to my primary address just fine, but nothing else. I know I am receiving them, because I see them on my phone, etc.

Anyone else had this issue, and if so were you able to solve it?

Regular Contributor

Have you clicked on the bottom folders and signed in to each address?
Regular Contributor

Quote from ComcastBrett

"Before you were migrated to the new email you had your secondary accounts (or external accounts) set up in Xfinity Connect. 

When you were migrated, through an abundance of caution in not wanting to lose your mail, archive  folders of your external accounts are created and placed in the My Folders section with the name of the account. This stores any email that was there during the migration at the time. 

During the migration your external accounts are then moved to the bottom under the Add New Accounts and from there you can access them live and in real time (after you reauthenticate with the password for those accounts) seeing any mail that is there and getting any new email that arrives.

It IS possible that you will see duplication between the archived folder and the external account. 

If you are comfortable that all the mail you are looking for is located in the live externall account then you can delete the archive folder of the same name."

New Poster

Ah, that's the ticket... I didn't realize the old folders were just archives. Thank you!

Now if only I could get webmail to accept the credentials for my other accounts...

New Poster

The "new" web mail client (and the old one) still never even opens the page when I try it on Win 7, which has worked correctly for years.

I have been able to log in 3 times maybe over the last week for 5 minutes or so using my Win 10 work laptop.

But even then the mail program only works for about 2 minutes then starts to bug out when I re-check for new mail.

The roll out of this has been an utter disaster as far as I can tell with little to zero knowledgable support from Comcast (no)support.

New Poster

I was switched over to the new Webmail interface in December 2017 and have been unsuccessful in getting my 2 external (comcast.net) email accounts to collect into my primary. Everything seemed to migrate fine, and I've been functioning in my primary account fine. I can complete the "Add Account" process fine, username & password check, everything looks okay. When I click the refresh button to collect the external mail, I just get the spinning arrows. I have even left the computer active collecting email overnight, nothing. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I have combed the forums & have read the release notes, etc. Can anyone give me any idea what to do - this is driving me crazy.

Expert

wrote:

I was switched over to the new Webmail interface in December 2017 and have been unsuccessful in getting my 2 external (comcast.net) email accounts to collect into my primary. Everything seemed to migrate fine, and I've been functioning in my primary account fine. I can complete the "Add Account" process fine, username & password check, everything looks okay. When I click the refresh button to collect the external mail, I just get the spinning arrows. I have even left the computer active collecting email overnight, nothing. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I have combed the forums & have read the release notes, etc. Can anyone give me any idea what to do - this is driving me crazy.

In the new format, are you referring to accounts showing under "Add mail account" in the folders pane?  If so, click on the little black arrowhead to the left of the account and wait a few seconds.  Do all you folders for that account show up?

New Poster

Re: New XFINITY e mail is horrible

I really hate the new email, it is much harder to use.  I can no longer put a picture in the body of the mail.  When I send pictures to someone they have a very difficult time figuring out how to vew the pictures and they can only see one at a time.  I used to send several and the receiver would just click vew and they were all there, now there are several options and you have to experiment as to how to open and vew the pictures.  It was so nice and easy before but the new email is TERRIBLE, I hate it and the ones I send pictures to are complaining about how difficult it is now.

New Poster

I have tried to get the old one back and they won't do it.  I regularly send pictures to a magazine and they are now having fits saying it is so difficult to open my photos and vew them now when it was so simple with the old one.  Everyone I send a picture to complains and you can no longer put a picture in the body of the email.  The new email is TERRIBLE!

New Poster

Is it possible to use a different email service when you have Xfinity Comcast?

Regular Contributor

Yes on the using another email.  I use Windows Mail and the email on all my android devices with no problems.

Prefer the one on my Tab4 10.1 as it is easier to download images or view them.  Also setting them up on the

androids is a snap.

Expert

wrote:

I really hate the new email, it is much harder to use.  I can no longer put a picture in the body of the mail.  When I send pictures to someone they have a very difficult time figuring out how to vew the pictures and they can only see one at a time.  I used to send several and the receiver would just click vew and they were all there, now there are several options and you have to experiment as to how to open and vew the pictures.  It was so nice and easy before but the new email is TERRIBLE, I hate it and the ones I send pictures to are complaining about how difficult it is now.

Adding a photo in the new email format is really easy.  In the Compose page you click on the Image icon in the toolbar, navigate to the photo on your computer, click on Open at the bottom and it inserts the picture into the body of the email.  Are you not seeing that?  You can also drag and drop a photo from your desktop , or from a folder into the message.  Exactly how are you trying to put a photo into the email?  What happens when you try? 

Contributor

Just curious-have you tried sending the pictures as regular attachments rather than embedding them? Maybe that would work out better. Even though my husband sent me two pictures as attachments and only one came through, but I can't say for sure if he did it properly or not.

Bronze Problem Solver

wrote:

Yes, absolutely.  Install and configure an email client.  There are a lot of them, many free.  If you have the office suite, you've got Outlook, which will do more than you're ever likely to use.  Mozella's Thunderbird is a free download, and also does a lot. Whichever one you chose, you'll never need to see Comcast's webmail again.

Directions for setup of a number of them.  http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Email-Web-Browsing/E-Mail-Client-Settings-customer-generated/m-p/778889

Expert

wrote:

You can use any email service you like.  Gmail and Yahoo! are probably the most popular free services, along with outlook.com [formerly hotmail.com].  You can check your email on the web or, as others have pointed out, you can use an email client to download your email to your computer.  [Email clients are programs, not email services.]

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Regular Visitor

The "new" webmail is TERRIBLE.   It is slow loading when forwarding, viewing source, etc. Hangs up and had to restart.    The email filter option doesn't even work --- nothing happens when I tried it.   

AND it LOST all my collected email addresses!!!!!!   CAN I GO BACK TO THE OLD SYSTEM --- that ACTUALLY WORKED?

New Poster

After this many months of screwing around with it, denying people the chance to use the OLD system and making near zero successful attempts to get the NEW system working reliably, my guess is your answer would be NO! And since it's Comcast's pitiful SW group working on it the answer will continue to be NO! Until you stop trying.

Regular Contributor

Xfinity Connect emails STILL won't open!  When I try to open an email, the loading always takes forever!  When will Xfinity Connect be fixed?!  Cat Sad

Expert
Moved:

Removed for viol posting guidelines. Language bypass

New Poster

All my emails are double line spaced too, and I can't find a way to turn it off. And worse than that, I can't open emails, and I see that a lot of other people are having the same problem. We need the old program back if they can't make the new one work.

Contributor

Emails never arriving

I agree with others - I really hate the 'new' format - I've had it for months now - the old one was so much faster...I've had nothing but problems with it  - from errors, not being able to log in- and more recenly NOT receiving emails - it comes and goes but the last 2 weeks it's been bad.  I go for hours with out receiving any, now and then they'll all come thru whether its hours or a day or 2 later. But recently people have been sending me emails, esp the husband, and I'm NOT receiving them, ever - not in spam, I've tried clearing the cache,history,using diff browser, using Live Mail, my cell phone and they just aren't coming through.

A few were important ones.  Guess I'll have to change my 'email client' since Comast email has become so unreliable.

(Today, I missed a few around 10-11a, and have not received one since 4:43p ..)

Contributor

Re: Emails never arriving

Now I can't even get into the Web email - getting errors - argh

now 'Connection Error.  The service is not avail right now...retry' 

UNACCEPTABLE!

Problem Solver

I haven't had any problems UNTIL just now when I did a quick check... 2~15~18 connection error.PNG

New Poster

Getting the same connection error issue.  Haven't had email since 5PM EST...

Problem Solver

Mines all good as of now.
Problem Solver

good here-- central Massachusetts

Frequent Visitor

I've been having the connection issue for days as well. Only today did I see any improvement. But in the meantime I decided to create a work-around. Gmail lets you set it up as a client to access (and manage) your Comcast email, and the interface is quick and intuitive.

(For what it's worth, the Verizon folks have been knocking at my door lately. One of my reasons for remaining with Comcast is the fear of pain involved with changing/updating my email address in the multitude of places that I've established over the years. If the pain of using the comcast.net email address gets any worse, it might just tip me over to the competitors.)

Expert

@Sagray wrote:

-------------------------------------- One of my reasons for remaining with Comcast is the fear of pain involved with changing/updating my email address in the multitude of places that I've established over the years. If the pain of using the comcast.net email address gets any worse, it might just tip me over to the competitors.)

If you ever decide to drop service you can keep your Comcast email address.  See here--------------------

https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/internet/using-email-only