Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

New Xfinity Webmail - Create Filter Rule

Frequent Visitor

I am trying to create a filter rule for an email.  While viewing the email when I click the More Actions - Create Filter Rule link nothing happens.  I white listed the domain so it's not the adblocker. 

As a work around I go to the overall General Settings - Mail - Filter Rules to add to or create a filter.

Anyone else having this issue?

Expert

Re: New Xfinity Webmail - Create Filter Rule

Yes.  This is a known issue and I have reported it to the Comcast email team.  New system--------new glitch.  Hopefully, it will get sorted out sooner rather than later.  In the interim, you can access your filters by clicking on the gear icon in the upper right corner of the page, then on Settings.  Under Mail you will see Filter Rules.

Regular Visitor

I am having a worse problem. More Actions doesn't work. Or even when I go to settings > Mail filter rules is NOT listed.

Expert

wrote:

I am having a worse problem. More Actions doesn't work. Or even when I go to settings > Mail filter rules is NOT listed.

So, you're not seeing this?

appsuite mail settings1.jpg

Or This?

filter rule.JPG

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Expert

Just to add---------going to Filter rules in the Settings should work.  However, clicking on the hamburger icon to get the drop-down menu with "Create filter rule" is still not functional.

New Poster

Five months later and still not resolved....what gives....?

New Poster

Another month has gone by and Create FIlter Rule still does nothing.  What gives?

New Poster

This still ish't working. Fix it or remove it. Typical Comcast idiocy.
Expert

@Anon656352 wrote:
This still ish't working. Fix it or remove it. Typical Comcast idiocy.

This should be working now.  It works for me.

New Poster

No.
Expert

@Anon656352 wrote:
No.

So, exactly what are you doing and what is the end result when it's not working for you?

Are you following the directions I posted above?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

Expert

BTW, @Anon656352, Comcast didn't design Appsuite webmail.  This is from Open-Xchange.

New Poster

I don't care who allegedly designed it. Someone reading a post they want to filter in their COMCAST inbox is going to click on the options that appear alongside the post. If Comcast doesn't control the options that appear in their own posts in their own mailbox, then they continue the very reputation for ineffectiveness that I have previously characterized.
Expert

@Anon656352 wrote:
I don't care who allegedly designed it. Someone reading a post they want to filter in their COMCAST inbox is going to click on the options that appear alongside the post. If Comcast doesn't control the options that appear in their own posts in their own mailbox, then they continue the very reputation for ineffectiveness that I have previously characterized.

I totally get what you're saying, don't get me wrong.  I will be honest in saying I rarely use webmail, preferring an email client instead.  That way I miss all the problems in those things, plus I have 12 email addresses from various places that I access on a daily basis and going from website to website to use webmail would cost me most of the day.  And, in the client setting up filters the way you have described [and how I set them up] is a snap.  This webmail is completely awkward and cumberson at best.

This particular webmail version has been 2+ years in the rollout as they add features and migrate customers.  I have no clue why it is taking so long.  IMHO by the time they finish both of those they'll be looking to rollout something from some other vendor.  And the migration for customers that have more than one email address doesn't mean that all of them get migrated at the same time, which seems really odd to me.

What you're saying has been said several times before.  Maybe at some point Comcast will actually listen.  But, then again, they don't have to offer email, either.