Community Forum

Need an old Comcast address I set up years ago for my son. It’s his iTunes, ugh!

Contributor

Need an old Comcast address I set up years ago for my son. It’s his iTunes, ugh!

I’ve been a Comcast customer for 20+ years. When my son lived at home, I set up an email address for him with Comcast, it’s also his iTunes email!

We forgot that 3 years ago. He recently got a new iPhone and can’t recover his iTunes backup, we have no idea what the address or pwsd was and I’ve since deleted it.

It was however in my active account.

Is there any way I recover it?

thanks

Expert

Re: Need an old Comcast address I set up years ago for my son. It’s his iTunes, ugh!

When a user ID (that part of the email address to the left of the @ symbol) is changed or deleted, it is suspended for 90 days, and then released back into the pool of available IDs for any Comcast customer that wants to claim it. There won't likely be any emails left even if it still exists.  You can call Comcast security and ask if they can find any accounts affiliated with your billing address, but most likely they won't be able to find anything gone that long------------------

Comcast Customer Security Assurance-------------------

Normal business hours (6:00 am to 2:00 am EST, 7 days a week)

1 - 888-565-4329