Community Forum

Need Help Retrieving an Old Comcast Email Account

Contributor

Need Help Retrieving an Old Comcast Email Account

This is my dilemma: I had a few old email accounts under a previous inactive comcast account that I no longer use. Before I realized I could ask Comcast to migrate my old email addresses, I deleted them, hoping I could recreate them under my current active Comcast subscriber account.

These email accounts are vital to the website I own and operate and that it has been more than 90 days since I deleted those email accounts. I need to recreate thenm under my active account so I can regain access to them. My account keeps telling me that I can't recreate them but when I try to see if someone else has gotten those accounts by sending a test email message, Comcast auto message says that those email accounts aren't under Comcast's service, which is odd since they are under an @comcast.net email address.

Any help would he appreciated if Comcast can help me retrieve those accounts.

Expert

Re: Need Help Retrieving an Old Comcast Email Account

Given the scenario you are describing, it is unlikely that the old account is able to be restored.  But the only hope for it is to call Comcast security and see if they can reinstate the user ID-------------------

Comcast Customer Security Assurance-------------------

Normal business hours (6:00 am to 2:00 am EST, 7 days a week)

1 - 888-565-4329

Also keep in mind, even if they are able to restore the ID, there is no guarantee they can retrieve any emails that were in that account.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

Re: Need Help Retrieving an Old Comcast Email Account

I'm not looking to retrieve the old email messages. I just need to reclaim the email account/address. It's attached to my website, which is why I created it in the first place. Comcast, typically, releases the email address that you delete around 90 days after it's been deleted.