Community Forum

My folders are gone on my desk top - Help

New Poster

My folders are gone on my desk top - Help

Over the years I've added a few folders on my email account which have appeared to disappear.  I can see the folders on my cell phone but not on my desk top.  How can I get these back on my desk top. Thanks 

Expert

Re: My folders are gone on my desk top - Help

See if this helps------------------

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Internet-Archive/view-forlders-in-email/m-p/2839240#M505431

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Nope, they're still missing.  

Expert

@tanseys wrote:

Nope, they're still missing.  

OK, can you see the default folder like the Inbox, Trash and so on?  Were the missing folders sub-folders of the Inbox?  If so, do you see a small black arrowhead to the left of it?  Click on that and see if the missing ones appear.  I'm assuming you are using only the webmail interface and a browser to access your email.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

The missing folders used to be in My Folders tab.  I've clicked on the little black arrow and still missing folders. Currently there's 4 folders within but there should be a total of 11. I can see them on my phone but not my desktop and that's where I do 98% of my emails so having those folders are pretty important.  I've had these folders for many years and have never had any issues.

Expert

@tanseys wrote:

The missing folders used to be in My Folders tab.  I've clicked on the little black arrow and still missing folders. Currently there's 4 folders within but there should be a total of 11. I can see them on my phone but not my desktop and that's where I do 98% of my emails so having those folders are pretty important.  I've had these folders for many years and have never had any issues.

I have to ask-----is there an arrowhead to the left of any of the remaining 4 folders?

New Poster

Ha, yes there is and I've clicked in many times.  Interestingly I went to move an email to a folder from my inbox and all the folders show up in that drop down but they do NOT show up to the left with the arrows nor the hide folders at the bottom. I've tried both of those many times, I've restarted my computer, closed down comcast, cleared cookies and cachets..  Not sure how to view all those folders. Thanks

New Poster

I got them back.. I somehow moved the folders to the inbox section instead of my folders....  Not sure how I did that but got them back. Thanks for your help

Expert

@tanseys wrote:

I got them back.. I somehow moved the folders to the inbox section instead of my folders....  Not sure how I did that but got them back. Thanks for your help

The only way I know of you could have done that would be to click on the folder, then on the "hamburger" icon" to the right of the folder, and then use the Move command from that menu.  You can't drag and drop folders. in the webmail UI.  You might be able to if you have the account enabled in a desktop client like Thunderbird, Mac Mail or something like that.