Community Forum

My Xfinity Homepage Not Loading

Regular Contributor

My Xfinity Homepage Not Loading

I have My Xfinity set as my browser's (Chrome) homepage on my desktop. When I launch the browser, it briefly loads My Xfinity homepage, then immediately switches to My Account at a Glance. And even when I click on the tab for My Xfinity, it briefly takes me there but then switches back to My Account at a Glance.

I've cleared the Chrome cache...no change. This is also happening on my laptop.

Thoughts?

Valued Contributor

Re: My Xfinity Homepage Not Loading

Works fine for me, at least the Start Up page.  In the browser (three dots, upper right->Settings) how do you have your Start Up set?  I haven't set a Home page, just the Start Up.  Check this link for Home page and Start Up page (different) settings: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95314?hl=en

My Start Up setting is:

Joe V
(not a Comcast employee, just another paying customer)
GoogleStartup.jpg
New Poster

same thing happens to Firefox

Regular Contributor

Thanks for the reply, jav6joev. Chrome (startup) is configured as you suggested. Has been setup that way for a couple of years and always worked.

ollie49, thanks for adding your post. Looks like Chrome isn't the only browser having this issue.

I'm using Windows 7. Coincidentally, the Windows monthly automatic updates took place on both my desktop and laptop yesterday, and the problem I'm describing began last night. Maybe something in the Windows update is causing the issue?

Any thoughts, Comcast?
New Poster

I am also having this problem and I use firefox. What is weird is it was working fine this afternoon/evening but now around 10:50pm and it's acting up. I hope that they/someone will help us out as this is getting annoying.

Regular Contributor

I just received an auto email message from the Forum asking me if I received an answer to this problem, and did it fix the problem.

The answer is, not really. However, it is now magically working properly again on my laptop and desktop. The laptop started working first, while the desktop lagged behind by a day or two.

I didn't do anything other than what I had initially done, which didn't work (cleared cache and deleted history and cookies). Therefore, I can't really mark anything as an "Accepted Solution" because I have no idea why it began working again.
New Poster

Mine nowlogss inby accident. If i login the screen returns to the logon screen with no erro. If I thid hit the "home" button  the My xfinity  homescreen appears and I can get to my  mail. Go figure.I guess that's betterthan getting bogus virus messages from Microsoft when using Edge.