Community Forum

My Inbox suddenly is being filled with Spam and messages from foreign countries. What's going on?

Keith M.
Regular Visitor

My Inbox suddenly is being filled with Spam and messages from foreign countries. What's going on?

ComcastCSAEmail
Official Employee

Re: My Inbox suddenly is being filled with Spam and messages from foreign countries. What's going on

@Keith M. wrote:

I'm seeing majority of the traffic hitting the spam folder. Either your email got harvested and sold to spammers/scammers or your account has been compromised. If you havent changed your password in a while, id recommend changing it, your security question(s), and running Anti-Virus and Anti-Malware scans. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Keith M.
Regular Visitor

Re: My Inbox suddenly is being filled with Spam and messages from foreign countries. What's going on

Thank you.  We were told that we were flooded with newsletter and website subscriptions throughout the globe to distract us from the fact that a scammer had applied for credit with a military exchange store in the hopes that the military exchange email acknowledging the credit application would be lost among the hundreds of other messages.  We had to freeze my credit and have run the anti-virus and malware scans, changed my Comcast password and security question. My remaining question is should I change my Comcast email or generate a different one for the same account?

ComcastCSAEmail
Official Employee

@Keith M. wrote:

Thank you.  We were told that we were flooded with newsletter and website subscriptions throughout the globe to distract us from the fact that a scammer had applied for credit with a military exchange store in the hopes that the military exchange email acknowledging the credit application would be lost among the hundreds of other messages.  We had to freeze my credit and have run the anti-virus and malware scans, changed my Comcast password and security question. My remaining question is should I change my Comcast email or generate a different one for the same account?

That is completely up to you. Just know that email is a public domain - meaning that your email will one way or another always end up somewhere in a database, on the internet, and is open to be seen. Someone knowing your email out there is inevitable. Whether they know the password to sign in is yours to maintain and keep protected. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!