Community Forum

Multiple unresolved and continuing email problems (Comcast support has been unresponsive)!

Frequent Visitor

Multiple unresolved and continuing email problems (Comcast support has been unresponsive)!

I have reported and been having email problems for about two months. I've called and reported each issue (some multiple times) and support promises to escalate and followup and still my issues are unresolved. To me, they ALL seem interrelated (I have a heavy IT background in development and believe these all relate to an issue with the indexes on the mail server), but each call seems to restart with a courteous junior or first level support person apologizing and promising resolution and then covering the same questions and remedies, but my problems are still unresolved (BTW I use email both on my MacBook Pro and iPhone and my account is configured with IMAP)...

1) Valid email erroneously being tagged as junk/spam, even older messages saved in folders. I am trying to use the provided filtering within Comcast mail no custom rules, etc. I've been forced to disable spam/junk mail filtering to avoid problems with valid email traffic.

2) Duplicate messages found in old email folders (some older than a year), also when editing new emails as well as when moving messaged between folders. This is not an issue of receiving multiple copies of an email only seems to be when moving email messages. I can only see the duplicate messages when using the Comcast webmail client (the Apple mail clients on the MacBook and iPhone don't show the duplication. I noticed this issue when the size of my mailbox grew unexplainably by an order of magnitude, sometimes the duplicate messages where tens of messages, including any attachments (the emails are always from valid senders i.e. not spam or junk).

3) Email search not returning results when I know with complete certainty that the search predicate should return a result. The search functionality sometime returns result and sometimes it does not always using the same search criteria.

Any suggestion on fixing or resolving these problems or how to get them escalated and fully addressed by Comcast support, please. Thank you.

Expert

Re: Multiple unresolved and continuing email problems (Comcast support has been unresponsive)!

I'm curious-------do you have the account enabled on more than one device?  If so, do any of them use POP3?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Re: Multiple unresolved and continuing email problems (Comcast support has been unresponsive)!

I use email both on my MacBook and iPhone. In both cases, I am using IMAP not POP3. My problems persist and are unresolved. I have multiple cases open with Comcasst support, but no resolution as yet. I have gotten frustrated calling and getting nowhere wasting too much time!