Community Forum

Missing emails

New Poster

Missing emails

all emails are missing from 3/26/2019 to 5:24 am on 7/10/2019. they were not deleted and were missing from both the email app on my phone as well as when i logged in to xfinity.com to access from the web. my trash and spam folders are also completely empty. i have hundreds of emails from 3/26-7/9/2019 that i need to access and cannot at this time. i am on the phone with support but they have been unable to help and it has been 30 minutes already. i was disconnected, then was called back to be connected to a supervisor. that supervisor was not available and i was told i would be called back again when they are available to assist me. looking through the forums, my problem on missing emails does not seem to be an isolated incident--it seems to have affected many people over many different periods of time. 

Expert

Re: Missing emails

As a precaution, I would change your password to something stronger than whatever it is right now, and also change your secret question and answer. Suddenly vanishing emails is a common sign of a malware infection or a compromised account. Run a complete scan of your machine with your A/V software to see if it finds anything wrong. There are no editable deletion schedules in the new format.

Also, call Comcast security and see if they can retrieve the missing emails----------------

Comcast Customer Security Assurance-------------------

Normal business hours (6:00 am to 2:00 am EST, 7 days a week)

1 - 888-565-4329

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Missing emails

I am also having this issue.   Help!