Community Forum

Mail

Regular Visitor

Mail

My Outlook mail is synching with my Comcast/Xfinity mail (which I never use) and when it does so, especially if I have something in the draft folder in Outlook, the "Synching Drafts" function ties up my Outlook and I have to close Outlook and often have to restart my PC.  Is there any way to stop the synching of Outlook with my Comcast/Xfinity mail?

Tags (1)
Expert

Re: Mail

Just delete the Comcast account from Outlook.

Regular Visitor

Not as easy as it sounds because for some reason, both accounts have the same name in my Outlook.  How can I tell them apart?  It was set up that way by the tech who set up my laptop when it was new several months ago.

Expert

OK, you need to clarify just what you are doing here-------what "other" account are you referring to?  Outlook is not an email account, it is a desktop email "client" in which you enable actual email accounts from email providers like Comcast, Yahoo, Gmail,  Mail.com and so on.

Regular Visitor

I am not a tech person.  All I know is that if I have any kind of email in draft in outlook at the bottom of my screen it says "Synchronizing Drafts" and hangs up my Outlook - and it will not send anything in the Outbooks and I have to close down Outlook and often restart my computer - I use Outlook exclusively.  Only one account shows when I check Account Settings - that is my comcast account, so I can't delete it.  If only one account appears, what is Outlook synchronizg with if not the mail on the xfinity mail site?  I guess I'll just live with it.  Al I can tell you is what I am seeing and what is happening.

Expert

Can you sign into the account normally using only a browser and the webmail interface and not using Outlook?  If so, then the issue is likely with Outlook.  If that is the case, then try deleting the Comcast account from Outlook and then re-create it again from scratch.  See if that solves it.

Regular Visitor

Yes, I can sign into the Comcast account from my browser.  Since that is the only account that appears in Account Settings in Outlook, isn't everything I have in Outlook (contacts, calendar, folders) going to disappear?  Seems like a big risk. Only a few of my hundreds of contacts in Outlook appear in Comcast Mail Address Book.  The only folder that hangs up Outlook in sync is Drafts.  If it is an Outlook issue, I'll have to deal with it another way.