Community Forum

Lost emails

New Poster

Lost emails

My saved emails were in folders in outlook which I thought was being backed up to my computer. I haD to uninstall and reinstall Office yesterday due to a corrupt file during recent Microsoft upgrade.  The folders with the emails are gone and they were not backed up.  Does Comcast have a location where I can retrieve my emails from the past year?

Expert

Re: Lost emails

Were the folders IMAP folders, or were they strictly local folders on your pc?  Did you check the webmail interface to see if the folders are there?

New Poster

Hi

thank you for responding.  They were local folders and they are not on the webmail interface.  Any idea if Comcast is able to retrieve emails?

Expert

@MelanieD1 wrote:

Hi

thank you for responding.  They were local folders and they are not on the webmail interface.  Any idea if Comcast is able to retrieve emails?

From what you are saying, I don't think Comcast can do anything to get those folders back.  If they were not on the server Comcast would have no control over them or the emails in them.  I have to ask-------were you using a backup utility with an external hard drive?

One other thing I can think of, although this is outside my experience---------can you restore your system to an earlier time?  Maybe you could pull them up that way? Someone more familiar with Outlook would know more than me on that score since I've never had Outlook myself.

New Poster

I took my computer to Microsoft location and they were not able to retrieve the folders.  Restoring to an earlier version will not help.  The folders are not retrievable.  

New Poster

All of my Comcast emails were available on the website until last week, when all of them disappeared after May 16, 2018.

I have spend three days on the phone with various "help" people, some of whom I could actually understand what they were saying.  There has been no progress in recovering them that I can see, despite promises from everyone I've spoken with that they were in fact still on the server and would be restored promptly.

I need somebody in a position of authority at Comcast to cut through this and get my emails back.

Let's see if somebody engages.