Community Forum

Lost access to getting my email on xfinity home page

Frequent Visitor

Lost access to getting my email on xfinity home page

This happened this morning. Now have to click on the lines on the right side to access emails. Prior method was it all displayed on my xfinity home page - how do I get it back? 

New Poster

Re: Lost access to getting my email on xfinity home page

this is sooooo messed up, i cannot access any emails and the phone techs act like they know nothing about it. its a new format and frankly they released it in the middle of a very busy day, my 11377 emails are not missing, im so aangry im crying, im on hold with tier 2...they said its a national issue and why there needed to mess uthis up is beyond me, put it back and leave it alone

dbvaughan wrote:

This happened this morning. Now have to click on the lines on the right side to access emails. Prior method was it all displayed on my xfinity home page - how do I get it back? 

Frequent Visitor

The envelope to click and other functions no longer display on my xfinity home page - not sure why & how to get it back!

Expert

dbvaughan wrote:

Can you clarify------do you mean you can't see the envelope icon or something else? 

Frequent Visitor

Yep don't have any icons at the top of my xfinity page - no envelope, voice, etc.

Using win 10 and not new on my pc so have no idea why it all disappeared

All I get on the xinfinity page are the 3 lines on the top right and 3 lines on the top left - from there I have to click and then select emails.

Expert

Try clearing out your browser's cache/browsing history. When you have done that, close out the browser and re-start it in a fresh session. If that doesn't do it, then try using a different browser.  Also, if you have reduced the size of the screen enough, that can cause the icons to vanish in the interest of saving screen real estate.

Frequent Visitor

OMG I feel like a COMPLETE FOOL!!  you need to post this for all since I've seen a few people with the same problem.

Lol - all I did on the screen with windows 10 was to use the ctrl and minus sign - blind me didn't know my screen print on the home page was that large - Fixed it with smaller print.  Thanks much!

Expert

The explanation is subtle but logical--------almost half of all sign-ins to Comcast accounts are now done on mobile devices.  That means smaller screens.  I'm staring at a 27" iMac.  My screen real estate is a lot different than someone using a smartphone or a 10" tablet.  The "hamburger" icon is a very compact rendering of all those icons.  Even on a desktop, as you discovered, reducing the screen resolution just far enough will produce the same effect.

Glad I was able to help.