Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Long running script

Regular Visitor

Long running script

On the laptop, frequently my email runs VERY slowly and then an error box at the bottom of the screen appears saying:  "xfinity.com is not responding due to a long running scrpt"    There is a box  to the  right to "stop script".    I don't want to STOP the script I just  want the script to NOT run in the first place.   This only happens on the laptop.  Ipad and  iphone mail access do not experience this slowness and error message.   Does anyone know what is going on   ??/   Running Windows 10.  Thanks for any and all help.  I do have a screen print of the error message if needed.,

Official Employee

Re: Long running script

Hello Pep7, have you tried switching browsers to read your email? Are you connected to the internet via Wi-Fi or Ethernet cable? 

Regular Visitor

Yes, in the past I have tried Firefox but always seemed to encounter security messages.  With Microsoft IE those security messages do not seem to appear.  But someone or something is running this script and it is not me.  I believe the "long running script"  message is a Comcast.message.   Since it appears Comcast can detect that the script is running it would be great if Comcast could also tell me  the name of the executable so I could (hopefully) locate it and delete it.   Do other Internet  Explorer/Comcast  users encounter this same message or just me  ???   I just find  it hard to believe that no other Comcast user has experienced this without a solid solution.

Official Employee

Pep7, can you try retrieving your email from another device? Have you tried reading your mail through our Xfinity Connect app? 

Regular Visitor

No,  I dont want to access my email from another device or another browser.   I CAN do that but that isn't my problem....My PROBLEM is accessing my Comcast email with my laptop and constantly experiencing a "long running script".   I want the script to STOP executing !!! 

Official Employee

I understand that you mean but by accessing the email from another device it will allow us to pin point where the issue is coming from. At this time I have tested the website and email platform on my end and I show no errors and no long running script. Please try another device or our Xfinity Connect app so that I get a better understanding of what is going on.

New Poster

last two weeks i have a long running script problem with aol and you, to the point i will soon stop your stinking service! I don't want another broswer as have used mine for 10+ years, your service stinks!