Community Forum

Links Don't Work

Frequent Visitor

Links Don't Work

In the last 2 months or so, several websites which I subscribe to can no longer be opened from their email.  This includes some blogs, dept. stores, historical societies, etc.  When I click "View in Browser", nothing happens.  If JC Penney has coats on sale and I click on their arrow in the email, nothing happens.  I've tried opening my email in Chrome and Firefox and neither works for these email, so I am concluding that it is Comcast.  I have called, but no one knows or cares.  Could a setting have changed which I can fix?

Expert

Re: Links Don't Work

Do the links show as "live" when you put the cursor on them?  Try right-clicking on one of them and see if you can use one of the "open" options in that menu.

Frequent Visitor

So far, that seems to be working.  Thank you.  However, does that mean I can change a setting to prevent that extra step in the future?

Expert

There is nothing in the account settings that would have any effect on this.  Normally I would suggest clearing the browser's history and restarting it.  But you said you got the same result in two different browsers.  I don't know why else you would have a problem opening links.  I cannot duplicate this problem myself.   Links seem to work OK for me.

Regular Visitor

I am having this same problem. Several of the blogs and pages that I get email from are effected. When I click on a link in their page, nothing happens. This is pretty irritating. Is this an xfinity problem. I have cleared my history and cache, restarted my browser and computer.