Community Forum

Keep getting a gray block saying "ComCast settings are out of date" Just changed password yesterday

Frequent Visitor

Keep getting a gray block saying "ComCast settings are out of date" Just changed password yesterday

Keep getting a gray block saying "ComCast settings are Out of Date". I changed my password yesterday and is still continuing. All settings look fine to me. Is this a scam?  Thank You!!!

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Keep getting a gray block saying "ComCast settings are out of date" Just changed passw

We need more detail; where are you seeing this message\?  Does it actually say "Comcast account setting are out of date"?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Frequent Visitor

Re: Keep getting a gray block saying "ComCast settings are out of date" Just changed passw

Problem Fixed - findly found an 'unknown' sender from Outlook - had to look under Outlook diligently as didn't show in Outlook emails, BUT finally found it with gray box saying this! It was SPOOF/Scam email! Any options instead of Outlook for using MicroSoft Edge - don't like Outlook at all! Never use for emails but it seems I have to use Outlook to sign into my desktop and  Nothing to do with ComCast. 

Silver Problem Solver

@bumpsnwarts1234 wrote:

Problem Fixed - findly found an 'unknown' sender from Outlook - had to look under Outlook diligently as didn't show in Outlook emails, BUT finally found it with gray box saying this! It was SPOOF/Scam email! Any options instead of Outlook for using MicroSoft Edge - don't like Outlook at all! Never use for emails but it seems I have to use Outlook to sign into my desktop and  Nothing to do with ComCast. 

I don't have to use anything to sign into my Win10 computers; just my Microsoft Account.  Is that what you mean?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
New Poster

Re: Keep getting a gray block saying "ComCast settings are out of date" Just changed password

Yes I think I found another app Windows 10 mail (email) so i just deleted all accounts from it. I was just going to play with it any way.
the messages were in the Windows 10 Notifications saying just Keep getting a gray block saying "ComCast settings are out of date".