Community Forum

Italic Folder Names?

Valued Contributor

Italic Folder Names?

I have folders in Xfinity Connect that are Italic. They cannot be edited or deleted. 

Why is this? 

Tek
Expert

Re: Italic Folder Names?

How are you accessing the email?  Are they default folder, or ones that you created?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Valued Contributor

I did an import from another Xfinity account and the two top folders that came over cannot be edited.

I used Import.xfinity.com.

I had this happen once before on IMAP with Outlook, but it resolved. 

Tek
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Photo of the INBOX folder. I can't show post the other because it will show my e-mail.

This folder is not a real INBOX. It is a copy from the old account. The Main Inbox folder is at the top outside of the "My Folders" section. 

Tek
Capture-inbox.PNG
Expert

@Tek wrote:

I did an import from another Xfinity account and the two top folders that came over cannot be edited.

I used Import.xfinity.com.

I had this happen once before on IMAP with Outlook, but it resolved. 

To clarify--------are you using only the webmail interface and a browser, or a desktop  client like Outlook or Thunderbird?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Valued Contributor

Just Xfinity Connect in my browser. Comcast.net.

Tek
Expert

@Tek wrote:

Just Xfinity Connect in my browser. Comcast.net.

I had not encountered this phenomenon before.  So I ran an experiment;  I migrated one of my secondary Comcast accounts to the one I use for my work here in the forum.  I used the same import link you  mentioned upthread.  It went well, and after it was done I had the new folder under "My Folders" showing the email address of the imported account in Italics.  My thinking is that this designates it as a system/default folder, and as such it cannot be edited or even deleted.

However, in an attempt to get rid of it, I started deleting the folders under it including Drafts, Sent and so on.  In the process of deleting each one, I would get an error box saying my Yahoo account had been disabled (I have it added under "Add mail account").  I wound up deleting the Yahoo account and re-entering it.  Once I had done that, I was able to go back to the imported Comcast account and delete it from "My folders".  

Valued Contributor

I found a similar process repaired it. I moved all the folders out of it and after 10 minutes the delete button became available.

Odd. I also found a Sub Folder that had the same issue. Had to move all the folders out from under it and then wait. Then I could delete it.

Tek
Expert

@Tek wrote:
I found a similar process repaired it. I moved all the folders out of it and after 10 minutes the delete button became available.

Odd. I also found a Sub Folder that had the same issue. Had to move all the folders out from under it and then wait. Then I could delete it.

Very good information!  I'll have to try and remember it, because you can bet this will come up again in the forum.

Valued Contributor

I have seen this before with using Outlook via IMAP connection and moving large folders around.

It seems, larger folders, may have sync issues? I am not sure. In the case I had to use Outlook to fix it and resync. I was unable to resolve it in Xfinity Connect directly.

Comcast support had no idea what to do with it.
Tek