Community Forum

Issues between Comcast and Frontier.Co.Uk (AWS Service) - Identified by Frontier as an ISP problem

Highlighted
New Poster

Issues between Comcast and Frontier.Co.Uk (AWS Service) - Identified by Frontier as an ISP problem

I am contacting you in regards to a known issue between comcast and frontier.co.uk who is a company that makes computer games and uses Amazon Web Services. They have identified this issue as not being on their end and have encouraged their users to contact comcast about it and raise the concern. This all started about 20 hours ago (2pm pst). Here is a link in their forums describing the issue. Please pass this along to who needs to see it. This is a major bummer. This game is the only thing helping me pass the time during this covid pandemic and if it's a comcast issue, I hope it can be resolved. It's affecting a lot of people 

https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/14715

And here's a comment from "downtector.com"

My issues seem to be related to Comcast and not being able to get a clean connection to EU AWS frontier services. I used CloudHarmony to test it, and eu-west EC2 fails as do some other AWS services in the EU/Ireland zone where Frontier servers are for Elite.

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Issues between Comcast and Frontier.Co.Uk (AWS Service) - Identified by Frontier as an ISP probl

I can confirm that it seems Comcast is having trouble connecting with a couple of the AWS data centers.  Ireland being the worst.  Frontier uses the Ireland data center.  

I found this post while searching Google for others seeing this issue.  I do nto play Elite Dangerous, or any other games by Frontier currently, but my company also uses the Ireland data center as our prime server location.  All of our employees and clients that have Comcast are experiencing issues connecting our web-based application.

Use this URL to quickly and constantly test your connection to all of the AWS data centers.
http://awsspeedtest.xvf.dk/

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Issues between Comcast and Frontier.Co.Uk (AWS Service) - Identified by Frontier as an ISP probl

would you happen to have the IPs used for their services so i can start investigating? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Not trying to be too salty here because I really do appreciate the amount of work it takes to figure these problems out, but I feel like as the customer in this situation, it should fall on Comcasts shoulders to figure out the issue that's between them and whatever servers they are having trouble connecting to.

The service I use is only having issues with Comcast. Other players with other ISPs (with whom I'm personally in contact with) are not having any issues whatsoever. It sounds like the first reply from the other customer has a little more information than I have as I'm only "okay" at solving networking issue but am by no means a networking professional, rather just a customer of Comcasts
Highlighted
New Poster

I'd also like to point out that via my Verizon phone and a test with a VPN on my desktop computer that connecting to the frontier.co.uk site work perfectly fine. Which obviously is not a solution I will be able to implement for the purposes of normal usage and that was just an attempt to trouble shoot the issue.