Community Forum

Is this email legit?

New Poster

Is this email legit?

Is this a legit email address?

spa @ alerts.comcast.net

The email seems phish-y, but I don't want to click any of the links to see if it takes me to a pay screen or a screen looking for username and passward info. It was sent to my personal account, not my comcast account, but I don't think that is super unusual since my bill gets sent to my personal email address. But because of this, I can't see if it's a verified sender.

Problem Solver

Re: Is this email legit?

So... in general, just asking about the FROM address isn't typically accurate because they can be spoofed. (But yes, spa @ alerts.comcast.net is a real address.)

I did a little digging, and based on what I can see on the backend Yes, that is a legitmate email you are asking about. 

If you need any further information feel free to DM me. (hover over my name and click "Send Message")

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee.
I no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions
may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered?
Mark a post as the Best Answer!
New Poster

Hi, 

I wonder if you can give me a bit of advice please.

I just received 126 emails in a period of a few hours from Spa@alerts.comcast.net; 'Notification of Claimed Copyright Infringement Made under the DMCA' 

I have no idea what is going on, I haven't downloaded anything!!  What should I do?

Thanks

Expert

See here to make sure it's a legitimate message from Comcast/Xfinity-----------------

https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/internet/comcast-verified-email/

If it's a good email, call Comcast security for further guidance-------------------

Comcast Customer Security Assurance-------------------

Normal business hours (6:00 am to 2:00 am EST, 7 days a week)

1 - 888-565-4329

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!