Community Forum

Is it possible to set preventative measure to prevent from hitting the data cap?

New Poster

Is it possible to set preventative measure to prevent from hitting the data cap?

I recently received a notification from Xfinity saying that I am about to hit my data limit. I was wondering if it is possible to change a setting that would just prevent me from browsing the internet once I hit my cap.

Also, in a related question, I received this notification at the end of the month (5/27/18). Does this mean that I am at my limit for May or will it follow my billing cycle--for example, if my bill is due on the 5th of each month?

Thank you in advance for your help and advice!

Expert

Re: Is it possible to set preventative measure to prevent from hitting the data cap?

@User5280 wrote:

I recently received a notification from Xfinity saying that I am about to hit my data limit. I was wondering if it is possible to change a setting that would just prevent me from browsing the internet once I hit my cap.

Also, in a related question, I received this notification at the end of the month (5/27/18). Does this mean that I am at my limit for May or will it follow my billing cycle--for example, if my bill is due on the 5th of each month?

Thank you in advance for your help and advice!

Data is determined from the 1st of the month until the last day of the month.

If you're afraid of going over your limit you can always enroll in the Unlimited plan for $50 a month more.  Otherwise, it's $10 per a 50 GB unit until you reach a maximum of $200.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.