Community Forum

Is email down?

Highlighted
New Poster

Is email down?

No messages received since about 9p.
Contributor

Re: Is email down?

Same here, except I got one at 2:00am this morning, then nothing. I just got an email a few minutes ago, so maybe the rest will come soon?

Regular Visitor

I'm having the same issues. Either there's a problem with Comcast email or its very very slow. I've only received TWO emails so far today, one at 6:34AM and another at 8:11AM, so I know my system is capable of receiving emails but none seem to be coming through. I tried to access my insurance company's web site this morning & had them send me login confirmation code via email and - nothing. I switched to them sending me a text & it came through to my cell phone immediately, so I think there's definitely an issue with Comcast's email servers.

Contributor

I've had this issue before and when it's resolved, a large batch of emails come in at one time. I have gotten several new emails in the last 40 minutes, but so far, the older emails that I know were sent have not come in.  What's up, Comcast?

Frequent Visitor

In N. Florida, experiencing delays of up to about 6 hrs in receiving email.  IIRC, Comcast did an email server upgrade a few months ago; since then, I've had this intermittant delivery issues.

New Poster

Erp, should have mentioned I'm in Houston area. They seem to be coming thru intermittently now, like one sent at 1a was received at 9a.

Thanks to all for confirming it's not only me.
Contributor

I'm in Northern Virginia. For about one hour, from 10:00 to 11:00 this morning, I was receiving email. However, I did not receive a message that was sent around 11:30 am. Still have not received email sent to me between 2:00 am and 10:00 am. I do see that Comcast is sending me these Community  Mailer email messages. Nice that they seem to be prioritizing their own messages. Anyone from Comcast care to comment?

Contributor

I got my missing 11:23 am message at 11:52 am. 30 minute delay. Maybe my other email will come soon?

Official Employee

Hello everyone! 

It has been a few days since this thread has received any new comments and I wanted to check in with you all to see if anyone was still experiencing issues with receiving their emails? I would love to help! Smiley Happy

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

My email has been coming through fine the last couple of days. This is a periodic issue, maybe every six months. Email stops, gets resolved and 6-9 hours later the missed email starts trickling in. Seems like you all could figure out what's causing this and get it resolved for good.

Official Employee

Thanks for the update virginiabuckeye! I really appreciate your feedback. I know these reoccurring issues can be frustrating so it helps when everyone lets us know when it is happening so we can take a closer look. I will be sure to forward your comments to our support teams.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Thinlizzy8, as I have not received an update from you in some time, I have closed this thread to further comments. I hope your email started working again too, but if you still need assistance, please feel free to start a new thread.