Community Forum

Is anyone else no longer able to "Sort" emails by Sender?

New Poster

Is anyone else no longer able to "Sort" emails by Sender?

For two months now the Sort function is not working.  When I choose SORT by sender it only reverses the emails from the oldest to the newest.  I have contacted Comcast on at least 4 different times about the issue and they have provided me with Ticket #s when they escalate it to a higher technical support.  Never has it been fixed.  Then they call me to fix it from my end or to explain to me how to sort.  If I know it's no longer sorting by sender then obviously I know how to do it.  I have tried it with Chrome, Firefox, Edge, IE and from two different locations.  Obviously, it needs to be fixed by Comcast, not me.  I am extremely frustrated while my emails continue to pile up.  It's the only way I can delete/clean up my email box.  

Frequent Visitor

Re: Is anyone else no longer able to "Sort" emails by Sender?

I had the same problem recently and went through the same frustration that you are going through. I checked the Forums and found many suggestions including switching browsers, etc. I came across a very easy suggestion and tried it. It worked for me and hopefully it will for you. I too use the sort "From" to clean out my In Box & Trash. When you press  "Sort By" and get the list of sorts, look at the last choice - it should be "Conversations" - If that is checked (mine was) uncheck it and try the "From" sort again. As I said, it worked for me and have not had the problem again.