Community Forum

Insecure Browser Message

New Poster

Insecure Browser Message

I just started to receive a message that says insecure browser update your browser to access Xfinity.  I never had that issue before.  I get it for both Windows Explorer and Chrome.  I downloaded Chrome again and had access to my page a couple of times only for it to revert back to the won't load message.  Does anyone know how to fix this? 

Frequent Visitor

Re: Insecure Browser Message

I have been having this issue since Sunday 5/12/19. After hours of troubleshooting with Xfinity Support I was advised to call Google which I declined to do. Having the problem on 3 laptops.

Regular Visitor

Same problem, reinstalled chrome, updated security and problem continues . Sometimes restarting computer allows Xfinity access sometimes not.

Official Employee

Hi, llenzjr. Can you post a screen shot of the message? Thanks!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Open a new tab in Chrome, go to the home page https://www.xfinity.com, this is what I get on 3 different laptops (1 HP, 2 DELL, all using up-to-date Windows 10 and the latest Chrome version)

Upgrade Your Browser to Access XFINITY

Unfortunately, your current browser does not comply with security standards. Please update now or download a new web browser below.

Firefox

Opera

Please note that some operating systems may be too old to support newer browsers.
Official Employee

All, 

I'm not seeing any known issues regarding the website. To troubleshoot this further, please send me a PM with your first and last name. 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAlly” and click “send a message.”

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

I'm sorry but when I click on "ComcastAlly" I cannot find anywhere to send a private message!

Official Employee

Sorry about that! We made some changes on our end. When you click my name, you should see "Send a Message" on the right side. 

Frequent Visitor

I have the same problem.  I clicked on your name, I see lots of kudos, but no way to send message.  Has it changed again?  Please advise.

M.

Contributor

Me too, I've used the streaming TV for years, now suddenly, it doesn't like my browser.

Contributor

Same problem, reinstalled Chrome, installed Chrome Beta, and Fiefox for first time.  None of them work.

@jdphoff wrote:

Same problem, reinstalled chrome, updated security and problem continues . Sometimes restarting computer allows Xfinity access sometimes not.

Official Employee

davstone, I just responded back to your PM regarding the website issues! 

Regular Visitor

I am having the same issue with xfinity.comcast.net indicating my updated Chrome is an insecure browser.   I also cleared my browser cache.  Still getting same insecure browser message.  Issue began today.  Never had a problem before.

Official Employee

rsayre, thanks for reaching out here on the forums! I'll likely need to submit a ticket for this issue, I get how important it is to be able to log in online! For the time being, you can always try using the My Account app; hopefully the app isn't having these issues as well! 

Please feel free to send me a PM with your first and last name to get started. Thanks! 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAlly” and click “send a message.”

Regular Visitor

I just replied to you and received another error message that indicated that it couldn't process my post.  Not sure exactly what happened.  My name is [removed].  I am still getting the "Insecure Browser Message" with prompts to download any of several browsers.  I did update Google Chrome from this display.  Then I was also prompted to clear my browser cache, cookies, & history ... or at least that's what I did.  Any assistance appreciated.  I'll try sending this again.

Official Employee

rsayre, for now, are you able to send me a PM from Internet Explorer? I've removed your name from your public post. 

New Poster

Also receving this for different browsers, all have been updated to latest version. Call xfinity tech support but they claimed that they were not aware of any such problems and suggested I get the latest browser release. Apparently they did not listen when I told them I already did that. While on the call all of a suddent it worked, I had some things that I needed to get done so I ended the call. I expect this is more prevalent than just a few users.

New Poster

I cannot get rid of this message.  I've tried different browsers, cleared cache, upgraded flash, I'm at a loss.  I'd like to open a ticket with Xfinity (talking on the phone is worthless), but every time I try and get to their site, it tells me I have an unsupported browser.  I can open other sites with no issues.  It appears to be Xfinity only.  How can I fix this?  I want to check how much my monthly bill went up that offsets this awesome tech support I'm receiving...

Frequent Visitor

I connected through this discussion thread with an Xfinity employee who opened a ticket and after muchtroubleshooting got a refresh signal sent to my modem/router. That solved my problem. Perhaps a request through phone support to send a refresh would work for you.

Official Employee

Hello, all. 

Please feel free to send me a PM with your first and last name so I can help with these issues. I'd need to troubleshoot it from the account. Thank you! 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAlly” and click “Send a message.”

New Poster

Can get into xfinity with any kind of browser, says they are all insecure. 

New Poster

Having a terrible time trying to sign on my comcast mail.  What is going on?

Official Employee

Hello, all. 

I'd like to submit tickets to ensure this gets reviewed by our advanced repair team for resolution. Please send me a PM with your first and last name to get started. 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAlly” and click “Send a message.”

New Poster

I cannot get rid of this message.  I've tried different browsers, cleared cache, upgraded flash, I'm at a loss.  I'd like to open a ticket with Xfinity (talking on the phone is worthless), but every time I try and get to their site, it tells me I have an unsupported browser.  I can open other sites with no issues.  It appears to be Xfinity only.  How can I fix this?  I want to check how much my monthly bill went up that offsets this awesome tech support I'm receiving...Xfinity.png

Official Employee

iganinja007, welcome to the forums! Please feel free to send me a PM with your first and last name to get started on the ticket process. I get how important it is to ensure the sites are working and I'm here to help. 

New Poster

Outdated browser message hit me on 25 Jun 2019.  On 24 Jun 2019 all was fine.  I searched my "update history" and found 4 updates on 24 Jun 2019.  3 dealing with Windows 10 and one with Adobe security.  I uninstalled all four and was temporally able to log on to xfinity.  I remember this issue about 6 months ago and did the same delete actions on any updates.  The difference now is that I am back to "Outdated Browser" message again after deleting the updates.  When on the phone with Xfinity tech support I ask them what verison of google chrome they were on.  My version was a higher rev number than Xfinity. It this a problem?  

New Poster

Check to see if you have Privacy Guardian.  If so try changing the settings in Privacy Guardian so that it does not run at start up. This seemed to work for me.

Frequent Visitor

I've done everything listed to try on this issue....

All three brousers  explorer 11 on Windows 8.1

Chrome .... and Firefox ................ All the updated versions.

After all the dittle-e messing around, I can get chrome to work sporatically.

I had it on my other Dell Laptop, but I was able to do something to allow it to work again. I do have Privacy guardian AP ..... I also have Norton which came with xfinity.

It also locks up my laptop which the only way I could fix that, is shut off the computer, then do a restart ..... It boots up, but does not get rid of the insecure browser message.

Official Employee

Hi All, have you all changed your firewall settings or are you using a VPN to connect? Have you attempted to reboot your modem and retry? 

Ken

New Poster

Re: Insecure Browser Message - THE ACTUAL BANDAID

I know this article is a bit old but I was assisting another user with this same issue.   I appreciate the text book responses here but from someone in the industry, this may be caused by an anti-virus utility which monitors internet traffic in attempts to thwart attackers and unwanted connections.  It seems there are some unusual behaviors introduced by the Xfinity website code which causes some issues or incompatibilities with those utilities.  

While I don't recommend disabling your antivirus just to access your comcast/xfinity e-mail, I do suggest you disable it temporarily to confirm this was the cause.  You may need to disable a specific tool which monitors your internet traffic and not just your antivirus software.  

If this is confirmed, please submit a new thread indicating the product and version of antivirus software so Xfinity staff can work on a more permanent solution.  

I have already confirmed this has impacts when combined with certain products from Norton, AVG and other commonly used antivirus tools.  

Hope some insight from the tech world gets this working for everyone :-)

Frequent Visitor

I tried everything, with maybe allowing me to access my mail; etc. maybe for like 

6 hours, and then sometimes for maybe 30 seconds, before it would revert to the insecure browser.   T H E N .....One day, I awoke to try to get my email, with sheere delight,

the browser problem dissappeared; all by it's little old self.

I said, "This can't be!"...... What a relief. 

It's been around 6 weeks or more that I have no more issues. ???????? 

New Poster

I believe this was a Microsoft issue.  I was having the same problem for over a month and just accessed the affected  websites with my iPad.  Anyway, Microsoft must have corrected this with one of the updates they pushed down to my computer, because magically all the sites (including xfinity) that I was unable to access was no longer an issue.  Gotta love Windows 10...