Community Forum

Inability to connect into secondary email accounts

New Poster

Inability to connect into secondary email accounts

Why can't I get to any of my secondary emails all of a sudden.  When I hit the mail symbol, it automatically connects me with my primary email, but doesn't allow me to indicate any of the secondary accounts - wbwood and wbwood.csu.  I need the files on the secondary accounts.  HELP!

Expert

Re: Inability to connect into secondary email accounts

When you are on the sign-in page for the primary account, click on the link under the fields that says "Sign in as someone else".  Can you get to them that way?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: Inability to connect into secondary email accounts

I discovered a way to do it, but it was unusual and not forecasted.  Whenever I brought up Xfinity before from my startup bar, it then required me to select the envelope and sign in to get any mail account that I had.  If I wanted to switch email accounts, I just signed out of the current mail account and then selected the envelope and signed into any of my alternate accounts.  

Suddenly, without knowingly doing anything to cause the change, any time I selected the mail envelope it bought up the mail associated with my primary account without any further actions.    If I signed out of the mail account and selected the envelope to get to another mail account it just brought up the same primary account that I had signed out of.  

My fumbling finally demonstrated that I could get to another mail account by signing out of the actual Xfinity account, not just the mail account, and signing back into Xfinity with the name and password of the desired email account.  So I have a solution, but it was much simpler the way it used to work, and I never received any input regarding the change that was obviously implimented.

Thank you for your esponse to my prediciment and suggestion for resolution, Latoque!  Cheers.

Woodncolo