Community Forum

Improper Copyright Infringement?

New Poster

Improper Copyright Infringement?

So I play the Retail, bought version of WoW, and private servers of WoW, in this case WoWMania, not trying to dodge having to pay to play the game since I own it, but more as to return to simplier times. I was smacked with a "COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT" email a couple of nights ago, and decided to see what the server said. I am wondering if I am ok to download and play it since I have done this many times and have had ZERO issues.

TAKE INTO NOTE I DO NOT USE BUTORRENT, IT IS INCORRECT, I USE THE SOFTWARE UTORRENT

d29955605b3b06fbac8e0e2328a4e8cb (1).pngXfinitys Email1.pngEmail Sent2.pngEmail Received3.pngEmail Sent 24.pngEmail Received 2

Expert

Re: Improper Copyright Infringement?

Comcast is just passing the notice on to you, they are not a party to the complaint. 

If you receive a DMCA notification of alleged infringement and you believe in good faith that the allegedly infringing works have been removed or blocked by mistake or misidentification, then you may send a counter notification to Comcast. Upon Comcast's receipt of a counter notification that satisfies the requirements of the DMCA, Comcast will provide a copy of the counter notification to the person who sent the original notification of claimed infringement and will follow the DMCA's procedures with respect to a received counter notification. All counter notifications must satisfy the requirements of Section 512(g)(3) of the U.S. Copyright Act.

DMCA Notifications
Comcast Cable Communications, LLC
141 Woodcrest Road
Cherry Hill, NJ 08003 U.S.A.
Phone: 877.842.2112
Fax: 856.324.2940
Email: dmca@comcast.net

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

How can I send a counter notification to Comcast?

Official Employee

Hello, LouisGaty. Here is the number I would call in this situation.

1-877-842-2112

As Nerdburg mentioned, we are just notifying you of the claim. 

If you have any other questions, please let me know. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!