Community Forum

Images aren't displaying in my email

New Poster

Images aren't displaying in my email

Images that used accompany my emails are no longer visible. There are large blank blocks where images would normally be viewed. This is now happening with 50% of my mail. Anyone else experiencing this? My OS is Windows 10, all upgrades have been maintained. I'm puzzled.

Expert

Re: Images aren't displaying in my email

Are the images inline in the body of the email, or are they attachments you have to open?  Or are they linked from outside sources?  I use Chrome and it has a setting to allow or disallow images to display.  So for sure check your browser for such a setting.  Your Comcast email settings also has one for externally linked images.  It should be on by default.  But to check it, on the Inbox page click on the gear icon in the upper right corner of the page, then on Settings.  Under Mail Settings>>>>Display you will see it.  It's the second item in the list.

Regular Visitor

Did check settings and checked and still not showing imgages in emails.

Expert

How are you accessing your email?  Do the images show up as placeholders, or is it that nothing at all appears?

Regular Visitor

all I see is an empty box

Expert

What browser are you using?  I use Chrome, and it has a setting that allows or blocks images.  Check to see if yours is enabled.

Regular Visitor

It works in Chrome but I use Firefox. 

Expert

@gramcar wrote:

It works in Chrome but I use Firefox. 

I  just tried sending an image from my MSN account to my Comcast account and opened the email with Firefox.  Worked just  fine for  me.  Try clearing cache/history in Firefox and then try again.  Also, are you using the most recent version of Firefox?  They are up to v61.0.2 now.

Regular Visitor

Firefox is up to date.  Restarted Firefox.  Still most e-mails do not show images.

Thanks for your help.