Community Forum

IMAP server refuses to import one or more E-Mails.

Regular Contributor

IMAP server refuses to import one or more E-Mails.

This message appears after a long time after signing in to my email.  How would I know what emails are not being received? March 15, 2018 

Why is this happening?

Expert

Re: IMAP server refuses to import one or more E-Mails.

You need to clarify-------are you using only the webmail UI with a browser, or do you have the account enabled in a desktop client like Outlook or Thunderbird?

New Poster

I have the same problem, using Xfinity webmail.

Expert

@sarahsez wrote:

I have the same problem, using Xfinity webmail.

What client/app are you using?  IMAP is not a consideration if you are using only the webmail and a browser.

Frequent Visitor

The funny thing is, I wasn't trying to import anything. I was just composing an email using an address that I had to type in. It wasn't in my address book. That "IMAP server" message popped up. Also, it showed that the email was sent, but said it couldn't keep a copy in the Send folder. I recently received a phone call from the person I emailed, so it must have actually gone through or she wouldn't have known I was trying to get ahold of her. Not really sure what this is all about, but it's definitely Xfinity's problem.
Expert

@LGP1 wrote:

The funny thing is, I wasn't trying to import anything. I was just composing an email using an address that I had to type in. It wasn't in my address book. That "IMAP server" message popped up. Also, it showed that the email was sent, but said it couldn't keep a copy in the Send folder. I recently received a phone call from the person I emailed, so it must have actually gone through or she wouldn't have known I was trying to get ahold of her. Not really sure what this is all about, but it's definitely Xfinity's problem.

I got one or two of the "can't save in sent folder" responses too.  I suspect it had to do with a cable that got severed two days ago someplace in the Comcast network.  There was a message about it on the Xfinity homepage.  It hasn't happened to me again since.