Community Forum

I cannot access e-mail anywhere

New Poster

I cannot access e-mail anywhere

On 12/13/18 I got my last e-mail in my xfinity account.  I use Incredimail to check my e-mail but it no longer works and just gives me "-ERR malformed command o5-v6mb712644148ybk". 

If I log onto Xfinity it says I have 99+ e-mails and then it tries to connect me, it says "we are loading your e-mail" then it goes back to the main page.  Sometimes it says something about the appsuite but nothing ever happens, the results are always the same.  I have a backup account that's gmail that I used to add my phone number to the account because I have been also the target of an e-mail hack through gmail.  I was able to successfully add to my comcast account through my gmail.  Maybe the hackers are in my comcast e-mail, I don't know, but the passwords the same.  Any help is appreciated.

Expert

Re: I cannot access e-mail anywhere

If you are saying that you use the same password for both the Gmail and Comcast accounts-------stop doing that immediately.  It's a recipe for disaster.  Change both of them to something strong and completely separate from each other.

For the webmail interface issue-----------
Try clearing out your browser's cache/browsing history. When you have done that, close out the browser and re-start it in a fresh session. If that doesn't do it, then try using a different browser.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I tried both Chrome and Firefox, it refuses to load and when I try to check my response here, it ask me to use a new username.  So I can't even check this page for responses unless I use a different name.  What happened with the Pop3 to make the comcast e-mail stop working?  I've tried disabling all extentions that could possibly be blocking this.

I have several different passwords and have to keep coming up with new ones, and it's super annoying because I have a lot of e-mail accounts.  I have this account on this comcast account then I have another comcast account.  I cannot check the e-mail on my original account, but my incredimail is just fine checking my newer account e-mail (aka, old account is parents, new on my own).  I'd also like to point out, when I got this new account, my incredimail did the same thing with the new account until I changed the password and now my new account works in incredimail while my old no longer works.  All my other comcast accounts from my parents house still work, just not my main one.  I haven't tried checking the e-mail online with the other accounts since comcast online web mail keeps telling me it's logging me into e-mail, gives me the 99+ e-mail's but just goes in circles.

Also, what is appsuite since it keeps attempting to load that but when I looked it's for phones.  Not web browsers.

I have no clue how I'm going to get back into this topic again, I guess keep using new names.

Expert

@dessertbunny wrote:

I tried both Chrome and Firefox, it refuses to load and when I try to check my response here, it ask me to use a new username.  So I can't even check this page for responses unless I use a different name.  What happened with the Pop3 to make the comcast e-mail stop working?  I've tried disabling all extentions that could possibly be blocking this.

I have several different passwords and have to keep coming up with new ones, and it's super annoying because I have a lot of e-mail accounts.  I have this account on this comcast account then I have another comcast account.  I cannot check the e-mail on my original account, but my incredimail is just fine checking my newer account e-mail (aka, old account is parents, new on my own).  I'd also like to point out, when I got this new account, my incredimail did the same thing with the new account until I changed the password and now my new account works in incredimail while my old no longer works.  All my other comcast accounts from my parents house still work, just not my main one.  I haven't tried checking the e-mail online with the other accounts since comcast online web mail keeps telling me it's logging me into e-mail, gives me the 99+ e-mail's but just goes in circles.

Also, what is appsuite since it keeps attempting to load that but when I looked it's for phones.  Not web browsers.

I have no clue how I'm going to get back into this topic again, I guess keep using new names.

This is getting confusing.  There was a change back in November for the POP3 settings with Comcast email.  See here-----------------

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Email-Web-Browsing/Update-Your-Xfinity-Email-POP-Port-Settings/td-p/31...

Appsuite is the outfit that developed the email software Comcast is now using.  It replaces the older Zimbra format.   What client are you using other than Incredimail?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!