Community Forum

I can't find 'filter rules'

Problem Solver

I can't find 'filter rules'

I was trying to create another filter rule for my email this morning.

When I clicked on the gear, and then 'settings,"   the 'filter rule' selection was gone.

Am I doing something wrong? 

Expert

Re: I can't find 'filter rules'

Mine is still there.  It's under  "Mail" in the left pane of the Settings landing page.  How are you accessing your email?  Can you see any of the other items under  "Mail"?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Problem Solver

Hi Latoque,

Yup I can see my email.  I click on the gear and settings and see under "Mail":

Auto Reply

Auto Forward

Signatures

Advanced Settings   (none of which involve "rules")

That's it.  It's very weird.  I'm out of town so I can't check it on my regular computer at home.  I wonder if anyone else has experienced this, or am I the only lucky one.

Thanks for your reply.

Expert

@AlanD wrote:

Hi Latoque,

Yup I can see my email.  I click on the gear and settings and see under "Mail":

Auto Reply

Auto Forward

Signatures

Advanced Settings   (none of which involve "rules")

That's it.  It's very weird.  I'm out of town so I can't check it on my regular computer at home.  I wonder if anyone else has experienced this, or am I the only lucky one.

Thanks for your reply.

OK that explains it then.  Not all of the features found in your email account using a desktop or laptop computer are available if you are using a smartphone or a tablet.  I'm not sure why that is, but looking at my iPhone using only Safari to sign into my account, I am seeing the same thing you are.  But if I go into settings with the laptop Filters Rules is right where it should be.  I'm not sure why it's that way.  I'll see if I can find some better information about it.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Gold Problem Solver

@AlanD wrote: ... I click on the gear and settings and see under "Mail" ...

On my Android phone Filter Rules in webmail are only accessible if I check the Chrome browser's "Desktop site" option which loads the same page I would see if using a desktop or laptop. If your browser has a similar setting, that might work for you. Although it's a bit of a bear navigating the Filter Rules on my phone's small screen.

Expert

@n addition to what BeruceW said, I have poked around and the reason is that the email system is not as well adapted to mobile use as it is for desktop use.  So some features are lacking.  The next version of the email is supposedly better, but is not due for release until sometime this coming Fall.

So yeah

Problem Solver

Thank you both for your replies.   Here's what I discovered:

First of all, I WAS on my laptop using Chrome when I couldn't see "Filter Rules"

I just signed on using Microsoft Edge and "Filter Rules" is right where it should be.   

Weird, but you helped me get my answer!

-Alan

Expert

@AlanD wrote:

Thank you both for your replies.   Here's what I discovered:

First of all, I WAS on my laptop using Chrome when I couldn't see "Filter Rules"

I just signed on using Microsoft Edge and "Filter Rules" is right where it should be.   

Weird, but you helped me get my answer!

-Alan

That's bizzare.  I was running Firefox when I replied to you upthread.   I just  tried using Chrome on my Dell Windows 10 laptop, and Filter Rules is where it should be.  I am up to v75.0.3770.142 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Which version do you have?  Did you try clearing cache and browsing history?

Problem Solver

Just to finish up the topic, I got home and weirdly enough using Chrome on my Dell desktop with the newest version of Windows 10, "filter rules" is right where it should be.   Using the same version of Windows with the same version of Chrome on my Lenovo laptop, it's gone (using that same laptop with Microsoft Edge, it's there.)

Who knows?    Thanks guys for your help. 

Also I should add that I find "Filter rules" is the greatest feature to remove spam.   I used to get 75 or so spam emails every day.  By going through them one by one and looking for the senders email address and entering it in filter rules and then telling it to 'discard,'  my spam folder has dropped to less than 2 spam messages a day.     I no longer have to trash hundreds of spam messages every few days.    Thanks Comcast.