Community Forum

I can receive emails on my Macbook but not send.

Highlighted
New Poster

I can receive emails on my Macbook but not send.

I get a message of "An operation on the server timed out.  The server may be down, overloaded, or there may be too much net traffic.  

Expert

Re: I can receive emails on my Macbook but not send.

Wait a while and see if it persists.  If it does you can call Comcast at the number on your bill and see if there is a known issue.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hello JFK16. Welcome to the Xfinity Forums and thank you for creating your first post. I can assist with troubleshooting your email issue, if the issue persists. If so, please send me a private message and include your full name so I can assist you. To send me a private, message click my name (ComcastJoeTru) to view my profile. Then click "Send a message" and private message me. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hi JFK16. Since we didn't see a response from you on this,  this thread has been locked. Please don't hesitate to create another post if you need any other assistance. Thank you. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.