Community Forum

How to send attachments in email

New Poster

How to send attachments in email

I use a Mac. I would like to know how to send attachments from items stored on my Desktop. Step-by-step directions prefered.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: How to send attachments in email

Assuming you are using only the webmail interface and a browser, when you are on the Compose page look underneath the Subject field and you should see "Attach files".  Click on that and follow the prompts to navigate to the file you want.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Thank you very much, Latoque, for your prompt reply to my issue!Smiley Wink When I click on "Attach Files," the Main Hard Drive opens; not the Mac Desktop. I have to drag-and-drop the file I need to send into the Main Hard Drive. 

I want to know how to setup the Xfinity email app to open the Mac Desktop - not the Main Hard Drive.

Expert

@CucoChicoLloren wrote:

Thank you very much, Latoque, for your prompt reply to my issue!Smiley Wink When I click on "Attach Files," the Main Hard Drive opens; not the Mac Desktop. I have to drag-and-drop the file I need to send into the Main Hard Drive. 

I want to know how to setup the Xfinity email app to open the Mac Desktop - not the Main Hard Drive.

I don't think there is any way to alter the Appsuite software to do what you are describing.  At any rate, it's easier to just drag and drop the file from your desktop into the body of the email.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Thank you again, Latoque! I will drag-and-drop the attachment from the Mac Desktop to the email directly, as you suggested!

Gratefully,

Angel