Community Forum

How to search Xfinity email by sender and/or date

Frequent Visitor

How to search Xfinity email by sender and/or date

I just got a message from Comcast that my email is 95% full. I know I have received hundreds or thousands of messages from certain senders, mostly newsletters, that I want to delete. I tried "from:sender" but that doesn't work. Also is there a way to search for emails before a certain date?

Thanks,

Don

Highlighted
Gold Problem Solver

Re: How to search Xfinity email by sender and/or date

For general search information see https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/search-your-xfinity-connect-inbox. To search by date range, enter the range in the Search box like this (use a 4 digit year):

1/1/2011-3/20/2019

Your entry and the words "as daterange" should appear on a line below. Click that line. If necessary, select the folder(s) to search. You may find that the search doesn't find emails in the Trash folder when you search All Folders. If so and you want to search Trash as well, you'll need to specify Trash instead of All Folders.

Frequent Visitor

Re: How to search Xfinity email by sender and/or date

@BruceW wrote:

For general search information see https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/search-your-xfinity-connect-inbox. To search by date range, enter the range in the Search box like this (use a 4 digit year):

1/1/2011-3/20/2019

Your entry and the words "as daterange" should appear on a line below. Click that line. If necessary, select the folder(s) to search. You may find that the search doesn't find emails in the Trash folder when you search All Folders. If so and you want to search Trash as well, you'll need to specify Trash instead of All Folders.

So the date range search is working the best as I can find emails from an old year like 2012 and delete them all but it only shows the number of emails that will fit into the display list. I have to keep scrolling down with the vertical scroll bar (actually clicking between the thumb and the down arrow) to bring more emails into the display. If I just let it sit will it eventually pull up all the emails for that year? Having to click to bring the next bunch of emails into the display is very tedious as it only brings one display window of emails at a time. For 2013 I had to click about 25 times just to get from 12/31/18 up to 9/1/13.

Thanks,

Don