Community Forum

How to create more than one Comcast email address for myself

New Poster

How to create more than one Comcast email address for myself

Hi, I have researched this question in the forums, help area of the website, support articles, and even chatted with customer service... and although this question has been asked before by other customers, it has never been satisfactorily answered.

I have repeatedly read that the only way to create a second email address for myself is to add a "new user," with the idea being that the user name will be the email address (followed by @comcast.net).

The giant, glaring issue that Xfinity/Comcast seems to be overlooking with this "solution" is that the form also requires one to provide the first and last name of the user, but it will not allow one to enter the primary account holder's name again.

So to add a second email for myself (for say, my home business), I literally have to make up a fake name for myself.

This is ridiculous and honestly unfathomable to me. There is really no excuse, either, as another internet provider - Spectrum/Charter - has a much more user-friendly interface that allows one to simply and easily create multiple email addresses without the nonsensical requirement to first create a new user and/or provide a first and last name.
Xfinity/Comcast - time to move into the 21st Century and make simple tasks easier for your customers, not needlessly complicated.
Expert

Re: How to create more than one Comcast email address for myself

You need to understand how Comcast accounts are structured.  It is predicated on the notion that there is a Primary, and up to 6 other people in the same household.  Ergo the presumption of different names.  It's structured based on presumed family usage since it's a residential account.  I have my Primary and two secondaries in use right now.  One is a minor variation of my name, and the other secondary is a nickname.  Try doing that for a secondary account and see if it takes it for you.  Use your first and middle initial instead of your full name or something like that.  Maybe add a number to it.  There's a lot of different ways you could go with this.

Also, if you are running a business, you need to look into a Comcast business class account.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hello Sbateman13! Welcome to the Xfinity Forums. I'm glad you reached out to us with this issue.

Latoque has already given some great assistance!  As they mentioned, you will need to have a slight variation to each username and the name it is associated with. Latoque also made a very good point that if you are using your services for business purposes, you may want to consider switching to a business class account. Let us know if this helps or if you have further questions.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Sbateman13, as I have not heard back from you in some time, I have closed this thread to further comments. I hope you were able to get this issue figured out with your usernames, but if you still need assistance, please feel free to start a new thread. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.