Community Forum

How to change color of folders in my email

New Poster

How to change color of folders in my email

I would like to change the color of some of the folders/mailboxes in my email and don't know how to do it.  Can someone help me with this?

Expert

Re: How to change color of folders in my email

If you are still in the old email format (Zimbra), you can assign a color to a folder when you first create it.  If you are in the new format (Appsuite), there is no option to use color for a folder.  If you are in the old format, at some point you will be migrated to the new one, and any colors you have in the old one will not migrate to the new one.

New Poster

The email format just switched and I really don't like it!  I had all of my folders organized by color which was my key to the organization - one color for trips, one for each child, one for info for bills, etc.  They are a complete mess now without the colors.  Is there no way to get colors back for my folders?????!!!

Expert

@dorianbc wrote:

The email format just switched and I really don't like it!  I had all of my folders organized by color which was my key to the organization - one color for trips, one for each child, one for info for bills, etc.  They are a complete mess now without the colors.  Is there no way to get colors back for my folders?????!!!

Unfortunately no, not in the webmail.  Individual emails can be color-coded, but not folders.  I checked Yahoo, Outlook.com, and Gmail, iCloud and Mail.com------none of them offer color coding for the folders.  You might have better luck using a desktop client like Thunderbird or Outlook-------------maybe.

New Poster

Thanks.  Any idea why they eliminated this?  It was about my favorite thing there.  I think I'll switch to gmail because the color feature in the folders was the only thing I preferred - comcast was worse in every other way already.  Don't know why they would have eliminated it, but they've lost me.

Expert

It's not that they "eliminated" it.  It's that they changed from one email software vendor (Zimbra) to another, and the new one (Appsuite), just doesn't have that feature as part of its package.   If you wanted to stay with Zimbra, they offer their own free desktop client----------

https://www.zimbra.com/zimbra-desktop/