Community Forum

How secure is my comcast account if a hacker is actively trying to compromise my email account?

New Poster

How secure is my comcast account if a hacker is actively trying to compromise my email account?

Over the weekend a hacker successfully brute forced thier way on my amazon account and another retail website.

They were so brazened they called and talked to Amazon about an order that didn't get delivered. I assumed to phish for more information.

I've since taken corrective action by changing passwords and making them complicated and also two step verification.

However, since they now have my name, physical address and phone number how secure is comcast when it comes to a hacker trying to contact them directly trying to get info or change my password?

Thank You

Official Employee

Re: How secure is my comcast account if a hacker is actively trying to compromise my email account?

kornedbeef, thank you for reaching out. I'm so sorry to hear that this happened! To ensure your information is safe, I would recommend reaching out to our Customer Security Assurance team at 1-888-565-4329. Their business hours are 6:00am - 2:00am EST, 7 days a week. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!